This is my favorite fighting game ever

#21012yArthur0Posted 2/12/2013 10:26:48 PM
EVIL CAP AMERICA posted...
You have no idea what your talking about

The Budokai games started with with virtually nothing and each time trumped themselves on character capabilities depth and gameplay.In B1 you have about 3 characters with a useable combo platform and the rest of the cast couldnt compete and the number is completely reversed by B2.B3 blew away previous incarnations of the series

BT is still filled with mostly identical characters with shared moves and the biggest changes in gameplay have been what wonky mechanic was broken this time around [Usually it was defensive making hitting each other impossible]

They're really not indentical if we put on a competitive way.

The problem is that many people don't yet realize that combo system in 3D fighting games aren't that unique. Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, Bleach from PS2, Dragon Ball BT3 all have combo system that is not as complex as the 2D counterparts simply because it wouldn't be usable if the 2D combo system was on a 3D game.

3D game utilizes the play on the field much more than a 2D too, aside of giving more priority in field control too.
---
Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained. ~~ Gilgamesh
#22EVIL CAP AMERICAPosted 2/12/2013 11:04:44 PM(edited)

So how many characters have Rolling Hammer and flying kicks again?

The problem is that many people don't yet realize that combo system in 3D fighting games aren't that unique. Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, Bleach from PS2, Dragon Ball BT3 all have combo system that is not as complex as the 2D counterparts simply because it wouldn't be usable if the 2D combo system was on a 3D game.

You hit square 4 times folloed by Triangle vs the the Budokai cancel system which is notable because it creates a mix-up game as well as an expanded combo platform

3D game utilizes the play on the field much more than a 2D too, aside of giving more priority in field control too.

Great so you can play Armored Core [just not as good] instead of a fighting game

Anyways that other fellas argument was that Budokai 1 was the best game and that it got progressively worse each installment with less character variety.I dont know what brand of crack caused that statement but I recommend him stopping
---
The [OSMBV] Harbinger of Newbie Death and MODOK Avenger of GameFAQs
Reigning Sorcerer Supreme of the GameFAQs dimension
#23012yArthur0Posted 2/13/2013 8:31:37 AM
EVIL CAP AMERICA posted...

So how many characters have Rolling Hammer and flying kicks again?

You hit square 4 times folloed by Triangle vs the the Budokai cancel system which is notable because it creates a mix-up game as well as an expanded combo platform

Great so you can play Armored Core [just not as good] instead of a fighting game

Anyways that other fellas argument was that Budokai 1 was the best game and that it got progressively worse each installment with less character variety.I dont know what brand of crack caused that statement but I recommend him stopping

You don't need to be sarcastic with me when you actually agreeing with me. It's odd.

But yeah, what would be the point of being 3D if you don't get the advantage of being 3D? 3D fighting games aren't that frame-input heavy like 2D fighting games.

Maybe he inversed the numbers? He played Budokai 3 first than he thought it was 1. That's my only possible explanation.
---
Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained. ~~ Gilgamesh
#24DH_BellamyPosted 2/22/2013 10:50:38 AM
Tenkaichi 3 > Budokai 3 > Super Smash Bros. Brawl

I miss my PS2...
---
Destiny Heroes - http://www.DHs.iphpbb3.com
BellA(r)myDH, RotA/Mr.Ford, Betrayer-Bot, AlecTrev*006
#25christupboiPosted 2/28/2013 2:00:18 PM
world heroes 2 jet
Project m
super street fighter 2 the new challengers
---
---
348312723(/)24
#26_HahaaE_Posted 3/21/2013 2:09:45 PM
Really enjoyed Budokai 1, 2 and 3. Never cared for BT1, but I liked BT2 a lot. BT3 was meh at best.
---
MKSC: 38 SC WR's :: SC World Champion
SMB3 GBA: 21 WR's
#27tangnetsPosted 4/4/2013 11:00:31 AM
No 3rd Strike Love? I haven't played many fighting games, but that one is just great. Playing it on PSN
---
-------MISSION--------
--ACCOMPLISHED--
#28Elice_BarrelPosted 4/19/2013 11:26:20 AM
Persona.
#29DampeThePoeHuntPosted 4/20/2013 6:24:25 PM
I would have to say FF:D for the PSP. Even though it's been awhile since I played it. I generally stay away from fighting games unless it's DBZ.
---
--DampeThePoeHunter