Favourite weapon designs?

#1_oddheadPosted 3/13/2010 12:43:13 PM
For me, one of the very best additions to Return to Arms was the variety of weapon skins. I'm especially fond of the Sither; it complements the Shadowknights' top-tier armor sets very, VERY nicely. Are there any unique, high-level Sithers?

I also like equipping Shamans with Shaman Staffs and Skull Hammers, or having Berserkers dual-wielding a Long Axe and a Mace, though the ones I'm referring to are actually morningstars with enormous spikes. I love rocking a Cyclone Hammer or Gore Axe, and dual-wielding War Fans or Lightswords (the ones that look like the Soul Reaver) looks a treat, too.

What about you?
---
he used to swing from the trees but now he burns
#2InsanityForcePosted 3/14/2010 3:06:44 AM
Favourite weapons : Magic if that count as a weapon, else:
0-Throwing Potions. Perfectly useless, but they would have been pretty fun to use if they were any good...
0,5-Shaman Staves.
1-The Scrambler (I have not found the Soup's bane yet). The Scrambler is a Frying Pan, and the Soup's bane is a Spoon. The Scrambler looks awesome when enchanted with fire or poison/disease.
2-Sithers. They look awesome. The only Level 80 unique Sither I found is The FleshRender : 436-463 attack, built-in lightning speed (-_-) and 2 free sockets.
3-War Fans in general. Is seems that Tessenjutsu used to be serious business in Japan. A bit ridiculous IMO...
4-Spears,Halberds,Bardishes,Guisarmes,Pikes,Lances,Partisans,Tridents... Usually underpowered, sadly.
5-Everything else.
6-Fists.

Armors :
My favourite are the Wizard's, if that counts as armor,else ShadowKnights. I like the Shaman's and the Berserker's too, especially the helmets.
I don't really like the Barbarian's and the Ranger's.
#3ijhutchPosted 3/17/2010 6:45:38 PM

_oddhead posted...
For me, one of the very best additions to Return to Arms was the variety of weapon skins. I'm especially fond of the Sither; it complements the Shadowknights' top-tier armor sets very, VERY nicely. Are there any unique, high-level Sithers?

I also like equipping Shamans with Shaman Staffs and Skull Hammers, or having Berserkers dual-wielding a Long Axe and a Mace, though the ones I'm referring to are actually morningstars with enormous spikes. I love rocking a Cyclone Hammer or Gore Axe, and dual-wielding War Fans or Lightswords (the ones that look like the Soul Reaver) looks a treat, too.

What about you?
---

The Sither is definitely the coolest looking. (too bad it is almost always outdone by something else in the damage/attack category).

The two-handed Skull Hammer is another fave for looks.

There's a longsword (Crystal?) that looks pretty cool, too--slightly curved with a more ornate hilt--and pretty shiny/light in color. I have a DESK imported from CoN:RoE with the 7-button creation that dual wields those longswords (one has fire, one has ice).

Any bow with fire socketed on it looks wicked in the game.

I've had both Soupsbane and the pan in the early days, but got rid of them quickly...had I known what I know now, I woulda kept 'em and got them socketed up right :twisted:

* ijhutch *

#4Ragnar666Posted 3/18/2010 6:12:53 PM
Mine would have to be the Cleavers (example, the Thievesbane), the Alien looking skull mauls.
---
~They will tell you Black is really White, the moon is just the Sun and Night.~
Tonberry: Doinking mofo's since 1992.e Cleavers or th
#5silly_sausagePosted 3/18/2010 7:57:59 PM
I personally didn't like the look of the Skull Hammers. Anyway, dual wielding Fans with elements depending on the colour of the armour you're wearing, also flame longsword looks cool with red, spikey Dark Elf armour.
#6rasputin177Posted 3/19/2010 12:40:15 PM

I hate the rangers gear. I like either having a berserker with with dual wielding swords with ice, disease, poison and lighting. Or I love a dark elf with a huge broad sword. One of the few weapons that looks awesome without elemental or corrosive effects on it.

#7_oddhead(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2010 4:45:12 PM
I only add fire or poison to weapons I don't like the look of that much, since it obscures them ingame, especially bladed ones. Ice isn't that distracting, but if I really like a weapon's look, I'll add either speed, lightning damage, or critical hit.

I'd forgotten all about the Dire Scythe and Dire Mace! Funny how the latter's classed as Slashing. It's a shame that you don't normally find decent ones until later in the game, and the minimum damage is usually quite low, but they are badass enough to justify reduced damage output. I can't say the same for the Dire Sword. :(

---