What is the difference between Gold and Yellow?!?

#1NintendocrzdPosted 2/4/2008 9:13:23 AM
Honestly, I can't figure this out. I bought the game used so I don't have an instruction booklet, and after looking in almost all of the FAQs for this game I STILL couldn't figure it out. I'm assuming that one is harder than the other, but I don't know which and I don't know how. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
---
"I invented eating, you know. Singlehandedly solved starvation. That's how I got voted into the office of king."
#2DuneManPosted 2/4/2008 9:47:44 AM
Gold is an option for the Special Edition game(and is used in the JP version). Normally in Yellow when you die you must either restart the level, or use a Yellow Orb as a continue, placing you at a nearby checkpoint. In Gold mode you can continue an infinite number of times. Or, you can use a Gold Orb to refill your health bar and continue fighting(think of it as multiple lives in an arcade game).
---
"I'd rather betray the world then let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
*use the Search function on the boards*
#3Nintendocrzd(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2008 10:29:50 AM
Ahhh, gotcha. Thank you very much! I was surprised that I couldn't easily find this information posted in any of the site's guides, though. Hm. Anywho, thanks again.
---
"I invented eating, you know. Singlehandedly solved starvation. That's how I got voted into the office of king."
#4Food_NipplePosted 2/7/2008 6:23:25 PM

It basically boils down like this:

gold mode: hard

yellow mode: hard and frustrating