How to run Dragon Age in Maximized Window Guide

#1andytizer8888Posted 9/18/2010 8:23:03 AM
You can run Dragon Age in maximized window without border by using a program called ShiftWindow. This pushes the window so that the edges are not seen by you monitor. I have a guide up on the net written up here:

http://www.shinyhacks.com/2010/08/how-to-play-any-game-in-windowed.html
#2EndofEternityxxPosted 9/18/2010 10:22:00 AM
Fullscreen and Alt+Tab. Don't need a "maximized window".
I win.
---
#3HighLight43Posted 9/18/2010 11:07:28 AM
^Pretty much.
---
English is my third language.
#4provettPosted 9/18/2010 1:05:25 PM
but lots of people like windowed rather than full screen, I do as well. Though it doesn't bother me too much.
---
Best Buy sucks so bad, I have to Sig it!
The customer service were stupid & they lied. Don't Buy from Best Buy
#5jake-sfPosted 9/18/2010 1:17:05 PM
Fullscreen and Alt + tab = lag.

Its also always less stable. There isn't a single game that acted "better" when alt tabed from full screen, than when just using windowed. There is either no difference, or windowed is better.

Its even more useful when the game takes a lot of juice, like Dragon Age on a weak computer. I occasionally crash just by alt tabing. Also, every alt tab I do seems to make the game run more slowly (actually, simple things, like when someone talks, take more times to load, its weird).

I've encountered so many problems like this when I have reasons to alt tab in many games, and running it windowed always helped.

Fullscreen windowed mode is the best there is, the end.
#6johnny_payPosted 9/18/2010 1:45:47 PM
set the resolution of the window to that of your desktop then run in window mode
#7Timbo418Posted 9/18/2010 2:13:22 PM
I know that for Source Engine games, you can just run it windowed at native res and put "-noborder" in the launch options. That engine HATES alt-tabbing.
---
Everybody makes broad generalizations.
#8andytizer8888(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2010 7:28:53 AM
If you alt-tab a lot, it is much more stable to run the game in a borderless maximized window than just fullscreen - and it hardly takes a performance hit.