Tucked Hair Mod

#1hibar90Posted 1/27/2011 10:11:33 AM

Hi, I'm having problem with tucked hair mod. Trying to use it to get some .mor and .mop to work.

Downloaded this:http://social.bioware.com/project/2595/- and extract it to override folder. But it doesn't show.

Did I miss on anything? Thx

#2some09guy IIPosted 1/27/2011 10:26:15 AM
If I remember correctly, it only really shows up in the toolset (which a lot of people tend to use due to far superior face options). To add it into character creation you have to edit the chargenmorphcfg file to manually add the tucked hair mod. The easier way to do this is to just add this mod:

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1701

Make sure that the chargenmorphcfg file in this mod is the only one in your override folder. Also, just to note, since the above mod adds so many presets options and the like from other mods, if you don't have those other mods you'll see a lot of broken options in character creation, such as shiny faces and the like.
#3hibar90(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2011 11:02:32 AM
Thx for the help. I tried using that. But still no luck. I have a hf_genfl_morrigan.mor file that changes her look. One of the requirement was tucked hair mod. So did the mentioned above. And use your suggestion. Maybe there's a incompatibility with other mods. The only hair mod I'm using is more hairstyle and nero hairstyle. Thx again
#4some09guy IIPosted 1/27/2011 12:06:32 PM
Hmm. If it's just for use in a pre-existing mor file then the issue is either that the hair is either not in the correct place, the mor file is not in the correct place, and/or the mor file you downloaded does not actually change the hair for whatever reason.

If it's the last one you can use the toolset to change it yourself. Just open the toolset and manually open the file in question by going to File>Open and selecting the location and name of the file, in this case hf_genfl_morrigan (there will be no .mor at the end of it) in the Documents/Bioware/Dragon Age/packages/core/override folder. You won't see the character face but you can manually change parts here if you know what to look for. In this case you open up the Morph Parts list. Morrigan's default hair is hf_har_mora_0. You want to delete that and copy in the tucked hair version of your choice. For tucked hair the options are hf_har_hct3a_0 (for a bit of a messy look), hf_har_hct1a_0 (for the neater look), hf_har_hct1b_0 (for Morrigan-like bang with tucked hair look), hf_har_hct4a_0 (for two strands hanging down) and hf_har_hct2a_0 (for braided tucked hair). Once you've copied these into place all you have to do is save and the .mor should be changed.

But again, the .mor and the tucked hair mod both have to be installed in the correct override folder. Make sure they're in the Documents/Bioware/Dragon Age/packages/core/override folder and not the Program Files/Dragon Age/packages/core/override folder. The latter will do nothing. And if that's where you've been placing all your override mods, cut and paste them all into the correct Documents one instead.
#5hibar90(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2011 12:10:05 PM
I have the tucked hair and morrigan.mor in the my document one. I'll try using the toolset thank you.
#6hibar90(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2011 1:56:51 PM
Sorry no luck. the .mop and .mor files are running beautifully. It's just the tucked hair that keep on not showing. And I'm sure both are extracted in the right folder
#7some09guy IIPosted 1/27/2011 5:06:07 PM
Well, don't know what more I can tell you. Can attempt to download the tucked hair mod again. Delete the old file with everything in it, make sure the entirety of the new one is downloaded and extracted into the override folder including both msh and mmh files for all the individual hairs. There shouldn't be any existing conflicts as long as the files are complete and placed properly.

How does Morrigan show up in the game, as well?
#8bcarlPosted 1/27/2011 11:28:44 PM(edited)
I don't think it will add to the chargen as it is. I think tmp has another file for that which you might not have downloaded....hang on I'll look and edit (still freaks me out there's now an edit function!)

EDIT: Yes, there's a separate chargen file in tmp`s tucked hair mod, go ahead and download that as well, then run the CharGenMorphCompiler again. Hopefully that will work. If it doesn`t you can manually add it to your chargen, but we`ll address that at another time

The second file in Tucked Hair is this, download and add to override then run CharGenMorphCompiler
tucked_hair_chargenmorphcfg.zip

Gah, kb changed to french canadian sorry about the strange punctuation

---
Je suis comme ca. Ou j'oublie tout de suite ou je n'oublie jamais.
#9some09guy IIPosted 1/28/2011 3:24:44 PM
^The chargenmorph file shouldn't be an issue. All that does is add it to the character creation screen, which the file I pointed out earlier also does (as long as no other conflicting chargenmorph files exist, that is). As long as the files are complete and properly placed then both the toolset and any mods which take advantage of the files should recognize them without issue.
#10bcarlPosted 1/28/2011 4:14:26 PM(edited)
I thought he was wanting to change the morphs in the CC for some reason, but thanks for the instructions, someguy, I'll leave you to it, then
---
Je suis comme ca. Ou j'oublie tout de suite ou je n'oublie jamais.