I played it today

#1jakndaxter7223Posted 8/14/2008 4:46:50 PM
ya so I was at Gen Con in Indianapolis today, and BIoware had a booth set up where they let us come in and watch a stage demo and the cutscenes and some missions and side quests. This game looks great and seems to be like KoTOR with the combat and Mass Effect with dialogue and graphics. I was very impressed.
#2AskeladdPosted 8/15/2008 12:04:26 AM
Usually people ask for proof, but hey, if you are lying all that means is my questions won't be answered, so I am just going to start bombarding you with them. :)

How long did you play for?
Were you able to make a character?
-If so, explain.
Did you meet any NPCs?
-If so, what were they like?
What kinds of spells did you see?
What kinds of weapons did you see?
What kinds of environments were there?
-Did you get to see any towns?
Anything interesting you can tell us about the story that you might have seen?

Thanks in advance.

---
Xbox360: Please insert disk into an Xbox 360 console.
Guz: WHY? Why don't you know you are an Xbox? Me: It wants to be a toaster?
#3thefinnPosted 8/15/2008 12:56:29 AM
"Usually people ask for proof"

Well, in this case it is at least possible that the OP is telling the truth: BioWare are in fact showing off Dragon Age at GenCon, so the claim to have played it there is not preposterous on its face, as these things sometimes are.
---
"It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen..."
#4i_saw_a_mudcrabPosted 8/15/2008 10:16:11 AM

jakndaxter7223 posted...
...Mass Effect with dialogue...

ಠ_ಠ

#5DemiGod2Posted 8/15/2008 3:50:28 PM
Re-Read that message, he's saying combat was reminiscent of Knights of the Old Republic, while the dialog and graphics were closer to that of Mass Effect.

---
Welcome back to the craziness.
#6i_saw_a_mudcrabPosted 8/16/2008 10:25:56 AM

DemiGod2 posted...
Re-Read that message, he's saying combat was reminiscent of Knights of the Old Republic, while the dialog and graphics were closer to that of Mass Effect.

---

Wow, master of the obvious.

Now pray tell me how do you think I understood his message, I'm curious. And yes, I dislike ME's dialogue system.

#7DemiGod2Posted 8/16/2008 1:48:12 PM
By the way you posted your response, it seemed like you were singling out the phrase "mass effect with dialogue" in a way which was not intended originally.

I was simply trying to clarify this issue before he had to, being that I was already reading the topic.

Thanks coming off as condescending though, ass.

---
#8thefinnPosted 8/16/2008 10:55:35 PM
FWIW, I don't think Dragon Age's dialogue *system* will resemble ME's (that is, there'll be no dialogue wheel; the PC's lines won't be spoken; and you'll see each option written out in its entirety when selecting). I think the reference to ME's dialogue in the OP were about the animation, which is one area where ME is superior to previous Bioware titles any way you slice it.
---
"It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen..."
#9i_saw_a_mudcrabPosted 8/17/2008 11:34:18 AM
It's ok then, I guess.
#10jsac77Posted 8/21/2008 7:16:08 AM
I'm just a little confused with OP, the title was you "played" the demo and then you go on to say "Bioware had a booth set up where they let us come in and "watch" a stage demo and the cutscenes and some missions and side quests." I'm sure by now most of us have watched the 20 minute gameplay video which I believe the OP could be referring to. Could the OP please clarify ?