Will Dragon Age work with Windows 7?

#1GothikOrkPosted 10/29/2009 12:22:08 PM
Unfortunately, I've run into a lot of problems running games on Windows 7. I'm growing increasingly concerned that Windows 7 may end up making Dragon Age unplayable. Just about everything I installed on Vista worked pretty much perfectly. Don't know if its that Windows 7 is new, or something happened between installations, but I can't believe the problems I've been having. Most of them are graphical related issues. I know my drivers are up to date, so I don't know what's going on. Maybe someone can relate.
#2Murdoc the MadPosted 10/29/2009 12:29:23 PM
Windows Vista/Windows 7 Minimum Specifications
CPU: Intel Core 2 Single (or equivalent) running at 1.6Ghz or greater
AMD 64 (or equivalent) running at 2.0Ghz or greater
RAM: 1.5 GB or more
Video: ATI Radeon X1550 256MB or greater
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB or greater
DVD ROM (Physical copy)
20 GB HD space

---
"And here I thought I'd get through the whole day without killing anyone." - Caine, Heroes Die
#3GothikOrk(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2009 2:16:33 PM
That doesn't mean anything, nice try
#4overlordbillPosted 10/29/2009 2:17:38 PM

make sure you got to your video card manufacturer's wesite and download their new Windows 7 specific drivers for your card.

#5GarudinPosted 10/29/2009 2:26:25 PM
"That doesn't mean anything, nice try"

Actually it does as them putting it in the minimum specs means that it has gone through some testing to make sure it works on that OS because while windows 7 has only hit shelves recently people have been able to download it for a while now

Plus besides that info Muroc put up there is nothing anyone else can say you question was "Will Dragon Age work with Windows 7?" and the fact is no one outside of EA, Bioware and possible some of the sites that got early copies of it but no one is saying anything

As to your problems with your games running on Windows 7 you didn't post anything about your PC so what do you expect someone to tell you
---
Crowd: Free Tibet, Free Tibet
Peter: I'll take it, hey China I have something you want but it'll cost ya...That's right all the tea
#6importpowerPosted 10/29/2009 2:48:30 PM

Everyone I own works perfectly on my 64-bit Win 7 Professional.

#7DingChavezPosted 10/29/2009 2:48:31 PM
Its pretty obvious his problems involve him being a noob.

---
I have really good sex moves (sex moves)
That I learned in China (China)
#8GreenSnake85Posted 10/29/2009 3:10:25 PM
Its pretty obvious his problems involve him being a noob.

^This

So far I have had zero problems with my Win7 64-bit install... so it's your problem, not Microsoft's. They actually did something right with this latest OS.
---
May the Giant be with you.
#9stefan9interfanPosted 10/29/2009 3:46:17 PM

Seeing as the character ran pretty well on win 7 systems I would expect the same from the full game.

#10Murdoc the MadPosted 10/29/2009 4:22:44 PM
That doesn't mean anything, nice try

The fact that they specifically list Windows 7 under the requirements doesn't tell you anything about running the game on Windows 7?

Alright, thanks for letting us know that you're just trolling and that you're not actually here for answers.
---
"And here I thought I'd get through the whole day without killing anyone." - Caine, Heroes Die