Dragon Scale armour that Wade can make you *spoilers*

#11LianjieKunPosted 11/7/2009 2:31:53 PM
Last two paid for sets, the Medium and Heavy.

Wade's Superior Heavy Dragonscale Set

Boots - 3.13 Armor, 2.92 Fatigue, +10 Fire Resist, +0.50 Stamina Regen
Gloves - 2.50 Armor, 2.27 Fatigue, +10 Fire Resist, +0.50 Stamina Regen
Armor - 15.63 Armor, 2.27 Fatigue, +50 Fire Resist, + 1 Stamina Regen, +25 Stamina

Requires 38 Strength to equip.

Wade's Superior Dragonskin Armor

Boots - 2.50 Armor, 1.95 Fatigue, +10 Fire Resist, +0.50 Stamina Regen
Gloves - 1.88 Armor, 1.63 Fatigue, +10 Fire Resist, +0.50 Stamina Regen
Armor - 10.63 Armor, 9.10 Fatigue, +50 Fire Resist, + 1 Stamina Regen, +25 Stamina

Requires 34 Strength to equip.

Set bonus for all of them is a reduction in fatigue and how much stamina is required to execute moves.
---
"I'll stab him in the forehead with my FINGERNAIL! DIVINE RETRIBUTION!"
- Egbert Aethelbald, Suikoden V
#12RavenBStonePosted 11/7/2009 3:51:21 PM
Wow, that stamina regen is awesome.

I'm so glad the ugly blood dragon armor has an upgrade. I'm so sick of my tank looking like a retarded medieval power ranger.
#13SSSnowfirePosted 11/8/2009 2:59:49 AM
if u put this on a mage, does it do mana regen?
#14tdpats12Posted 11/8/2009 9:50:46 AM
So what will advance the time for him? Just traveling? Or do I have to advance the plot?
---
"Embrace eternity!" - Liara T'Soni, Mass Effect
XBL Gamertag: tdpatriots12
#15ArthaiinPosted 11/8/2009 4:15:57 PM
To get him to make the armor just travel a bit, oh and I found an interesting tidbit of information.

There IS an upgraded version of the Drakeskin armor

First off, I paid 10g for the first set, and got the set below

10g Drakeskin Armor
Wade's Drakeskin Boots - 5% Fire Resist, 2.25 Armor, 0.57% Fatigue
Wade's Drakeskin Gloves - 5% Fire Resist,1.50 Armor, 1.15% Fatigue
Wade's Drakeskin Leather Armor - 25% Fire Resist, 9.00 Armor, 2.30% Fatigue
Requires 20 strength

Set Bonus: Characters talents/spells cost less to activate

Then i went ahead and got the Heavy Dragonbone Armor and then I went and turned in my 2nd set of drake scales and got the option to pay 20g to have them done to perfection and THIS was the set I got out of it.

20g Drakeskin Armor
Wade's Superior Drakeskin Boots - 10% Fire Resist, +1 Dexterity, 2.25 Armor, 0.57% Fatigue
Wade's Superior Drakeskin Gloves - 10% Fire Resist, +1 Dexterity, 1.50 Armor, 1.15% Fatigue
Wade's Superior Drakeskin Leather Armor - 50% Fire Resist, +2 Dexterity, 9.00 Armor, 2.30% Fatigue
Requires 20 strength

Set Bonus: The character gets a bonus to defense and their talents/spells cost less to activate.

Cost me 30g in total to get the good set (maybe, didn't test if you actually needed to pay for the first set to have the option for 20g for the 2nd set) but I think it's worth it since it's a very nice set of leather armor.
---
Some of the greatest catastrophe's ever committed by man have been done with the "Best of Intentions."
#16whitejedi21Posted 11/9/2009 12:43:24 AM
Tested it out...the armor is no different if you pay or not...just get wade to make both drakescale armor sets before asking him to try the dragonscale. The second drakescale and the dragonscale should both come up as "superior".

---
Pokemon Diamond FC - 3394 0034 8785
Name: ANDREW
#17hjiskingPosted 11/9/2009 4:31:00 AM
It makes no difference if you pay or not for the Drake Scale armours.

I didn't pay for either of the drake scale armours. HOWEVER when I get the Dragon Scale Armour, it's not "Superior", ie it's 25% fire resistant instead of 50% and it doesn't come with stamina regen.

:( obviously i've come too far in the game to change it now.
#18LianjieKunPosted 11/9/2009 4:52:51 AM
My initial post was poorly worded. You pay 10g for the very first drake scale set. That will then net you the Superior Medium/Heavy/Massive set. You don't pay an additional 10g for the superior set. Haven't bothered to farm out the scales I need for the second light set yet.

So what will advance the time for him? Just traveling? Or do I have to advance the plot?

I had a bunch of Mage sack quests to turn in as well as the Chantry Board ones and several others in the immediate vicinity. I assumed that turning them in is what fast forwarded the clock for me.

if u put this on a mage, does it do mana regen?

+ mana regen is not listed on any of the sets that I experimented with. Could be a hidden one I haven't discovered though.

---
"I'll stab him in the forehead with my FINGERNAIL! DIVINE RETRIBUTION!"
- Egbert Aethelbald, Suikoden V
#19NefariusEdiciusPosted 11/11/2009 12:46:32 PM
Ok, can someone clarify a few things for me?

I want to get the superior DRAGON armor for the lowest price possible. The drakescale armors suck, and I have other stuff i want to spend money on. But I want to make sure i'm not going to screw myself out of getting the superior dragon armor later on by now shelling out extra money now.

Do i have to pay $ for either or both of the drakescale in order for him to make the superior dragonscale later on? Or do i just have to have him make both sets of drakescale?

Thanks
#20dexter1984Posted 11/11/2009 12:55:30 PM
Drake Scale Armor

Type: Crafting

Start: Once you’ve collected a drake scale

Destination: Wade’s Emporium in Denerim Market District

Task: Collect three drake scales to turn into drake scale armor

Quest Tips: Once you have three drake scales (collected from any drake, mainly found in the Wyrmling Lair), return to Wade’s Emporium and Master Wade will craft a unique set of drake scale armor for you. During the transaction, you will have the option to pay Master Wade for the armor. While this will not affect the quality of the drake scale armor, it will influence what type of dragon scale armor (regular or superior) will be made in the “Dragon Scale Armor” quest. If the player pays, a superior suit of armor can be made. The armor will take some time to make. Once you leave the Denerim Market District, and then return, the armor will be ready. Wade will be displeased with his creation and will inform you that if he can get more scales he can make another set of armor. Collect three more drake scales, ask Wade to make a second suit and offer to pay. Once you pick up the second set, the quest is complete.

Dragon Scale Armor

Type: Crafting

Start: Once you’ve collected a dragon scale

Destination: Wade’s Emporium in Denerim Market District

Task: Collect one dragon scale to turn into dragon scale armor

Quest Tips: You must complete the “Drake Scale Armor” quest first to gain dragon scale armor. Master Wade can make you a set of dragon scale armor from the scale of the high dragon in the “Urn of Sacred Ashes” quest. Wade can make one of three different types of armor: medium, heavy, or massive. He might make a superior version of the type requested if you’ve paid for drake scale armor both times.