something wicked (possible spoilers)

#1spartan10kPosted 11/7/2009 9:17:26 AM
I'm stuck on the Something Wicked quest you get in the alienage from the blind templar. What, exactly, am I supposed to be looking for?
#2xnikoliPosted 11/8/2009 5:13:45 AM
I keep getting to the point where I kill the demon, then both doors are locked an unpickable... stupid glich.
#3mravenheartPosted 11/9/2009 9:11:55 PM

What doors?, I am not finding any clues for this one.

#4mravenheartPosted 11/9/2009 10:05:39 PM

Found out how to complete this mission:

After receiving the mission head to the orphanage. The Orphanage is the building opposite where you encountered the "Injured Veteran." It is near the area you entered into the Alienage. The clues you are looking for are located on either side of the door to the orphanage. (The Door is not accessible at this point.) The First clue is the corpse of what appears to be a dead Rabid Mabari War Hound. When I did this mission I returned to the Blind Templar after finding the corpse, this step may not be required and it may be possible to discover the second clue at the same time. The second clue is the "Feral Dog" laying in the garbage on the opposite side of the door from the dead dog. Once you have discovered both of these report back to the Blind Templar. After some dialogue he will then state that he and your party need to enter the orphanage. I chose to accept his help, though it is possible alternate dialogue choices may result in a more satisfactory ending to some players (or may just work in a circle and he will end up going either way.) The mission it self is fairly strait forward, make your way through a standard maze of closed doors and rooms, fighting ambushes of ghosts and ash demons and shades. As well as one event involving a mabari hound ambush. The Mission ends with a standard demon boss battle in which he summons lesser demosn to assist him.

xnikoli posted...
I keep getting to the point where I kill the demon, then both doors are locked an unpickable... stupid glich.

The only point I witnessed "locked doors" was during the Mabari Ambush event. In this case the doors are unpickable or inaccessible, however once you walk past them a short jaunt... the ambush event occurs and the mabari attack. However no signs of further progression problems appeared even if this event did not trigger.

I hope this helped you out. Happy Hunting.

#5ZerodimensionalPosted 11/10/2009 11:21:58 AM
the glitch with both doors locked occurs if you talk to ser otto after fighting the demon, you'll be trapped with no way out and have to reload. (there's an autosave just before the door though).
after killing the demon, DO NOT talk to the templar, it might take a while but he'll talk to you himself. only if you wait for him the doors will be unlocked.