Multiple paths through the Mage Origin? (Spoilers)

#1Xion350Posted 11/7/2009 1:25:46 PM
I followed the path by answering to First Enchanter, but I'm curious if there's other paths and 'endings' with the origin quests.
---
Shikou Mibuya: I'll save you little boy! Let's go to a world only with men! A dazzling world!
Fumiko: He doesn't like sausages. Too bad.(Castle of Shikigami 3)
#2FenixID4Posted 11/7/2009 1:26:34 PM
Yes, you just screwed getting Blood Mage spec. If you wanted it, you can't answer to Irving. Don't even talk to him.
---
"Consider what God has done: Who can straighten what He has made crooked?" -Ecclesiastes 7:13, opening quote of Gattaca
#3Xion350(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2009 4:33:41 PM
That's fine, I was gonna go Arcane warrior anyway. I was just curious.

Worth a replay I suppose.
---
Shikou Mibuya: I'll save you little boy! Let's go to a world only with men! A dazzling world!
Fumiko: He doesn't like sausages. Too bad.(Castle of Shikigami 3)
#4AduhAwas_EvilGPosted 11/7/2009 4:37:31 PM
WTF? I can NEVER be a blood mage if I didn't help that dude? Thats bs.
#5ParkCarsHerePosted 11/7/2009 4:53:14 PM

Wow... if that's true, then Bioware isn't screwing around about this multiple paths thing. I was debating whether to go Blood Mage or the Healer, but if you are right, then I guess my choice is made up for me. That's all good in my opinion... but wow. I'm 3 hours in and already I've made that kind of choice already?

Now I'm scared to start the game up again... :).

#6claytoneryPosted 11/7/2009 4:56:47 PM
That's not true at all.

I answered to Irving and even turned Jowen in and I just unlocked blood mage.

*Spoilers*

It becomes available at redcliffe. Talk to the demon inside the fade after defeating her a few times and she'll bargain with you, which in turn allows you to specialize in blood magic.
#7Bat22Posted 11/8/2009 8:13:10 AM
I was curious about the elf mage because, when you speak with another elf mage early in the tower, you're given the choice of an alienage or Lotharing for your hometown.

Does anyone know if that choice is referenced later in the game???
#8fan_zhangPosted 11/8/2009 9:30:46 AM

Yes, you just screwed getting Blood Mage spec. If you wanted it, you can't answer to Irving. Don't even talk to him.

Stop spreading Misinformation. Blood mage spec has no impact from the Origin story

Spoiler

You get it from the desire demon at redcliffe
#9FlailsnailPosted 11/8/2009 9:55:24 AM
The Blood Mage specialty can be unlocked in Redcliffe, and has nothing whatsoever to do with the mage origin story.