The CreateItem script

#1NightbringerPosted 11/7/2009 3:27:33 PM
I've been playing with the script today, with no luck. Anybody else out there figured out how it works yet?

I've found some of the preorder bonus items in the Toolkit, so I'm trying to figure out how to add them to my inventory. Since the script isn't working, I'm playing with my save game right now =)

---
For having accomplished nothing of any real significance, I have an enormous ego.
#2GUNNEYCANUCKPosted 11/8/2009 6:46:10 PM
Any Luck? I have been trying all manner of variations and nothing has worked so far....
---
Instead of building newer and larger weapons of mass destruction, I think mankind should try to get more use out of the ones we have
Jack Handey Deep Thoughts
#3Nightbringer(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2009 10:46:34 PM
No luck so far, though it is amusing to see my post show up on Google at a high rank XD.

The items in the game editor have both a text id and a numerical id. I've tried variations of createitem using the syntax from previous Bioware or Black Isle games, and nothing has worked. Something else that's interesting, if you use the toolset to open up your save games, items in your party inventory have a completely different ID number as well. My next plan is to experiment with manually adding a inventory item to a save game, though that's going to be a bit of a pain.
---
For having accomplished nothing of any real significance, I have an enormous ego.