Orzammar's King (SPOILERS)

#1TheBadAndyPosted 11/8/2009 6:43:59 PM
Is there no option for king that is in favor of getting rid of the caste system? The way they go on about the casteless makes it seem like there should be an option to get rid of all that crap.

Harrowmont wants things to stay the same as far as I can tell, and Bhelen seems to be a total crook. Is there no third option?
---
"What about the novelty music paparazzi?" - Flight of the Conchords
Gamertag: oOBadAndyOo
#2SoliexPosted 11/8/2009 6:48:41 PM
After Completing the storyline you get to read about the choices you've made and how they affected the world.

Bhelen actually does away with the caste system and also disassembles the assembly.

Some people claim he is a tyrant while others praise his change in direction.

Also mentions something about the Casteless being able to fight the dark-spawn and gaining respect.
#3NanilaPosted 11/8/2009 6:49:33 PM
Well if you don't mind spoilers I can tell you the end game text about Bhelen.

During the ending it shows some flash screens of the lands you've been too and what happens to them. If you pick Bhelen as king he ends up pretty much getting rid of the caste system and trying to make the dwarf kingdom more "modern".

---
Motteike saigo ni waracchau no ha atashi no hazu
#4TheBadAndy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2009 7:29:28 PM
Hmm, I perhaps judged Bhelen too harshly. Anybody know what happens with Harrowmont?
---
"What about the novelty music paparazzi?" - Flight of the Conchords
Gamertag: oOBadAndyOo
#5ForsakenSanityPosted 11/8/2009 7:55:31 PM
Harrowmont is quickly assassinated, and the dwarves fall back into their assembly deadlocks, if I remember right.
---
The keys to success are honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - G. Marx
#6KenthenPosted 11/8/2009 8:00:47 PM
I don't remember what the text said in detail but Harrowmont does rule for a time but he is unable to keep the Assembly together and properly put a lid on the uprising after Bhelen's death. He still has some support for his conservative ways but eventually he falls ill and dies, supposedly due to foul play.
#7UltimagamerPosted 11/8/2009 8:04:05 PM
And all Harrowmont manages to do is strengthen Orzammar's isolationist policies with the surface.
---
If you can still bleed, you can feel pain. If you can feel pain, you are still alive. Concentrate on that pain, and use it as your focus.
#8Torak252Posted 11/8/2009 8:13:03 PM
I accidentally did both quests for the Dwarven king thing ( Harrowmont and bhren ) how do i get past this?
#9691neilPosted 11/11/2009 2:07:10 PM
I too am stuck after trying to both sets of quests - now neither of the two will speak tp me until I have spoken to the other one - is this a glitch or have I missed something?
#10High Priest HikusaakPosted 11/11/2009 2:08:26 PM
Question: If you play with Dwarf Noble, is there no option to make yourself King?

---
Clones are never the solution
Especially when one loses his giant hat and the other gets kidnapped by a blind shrew. Learn from my mistakes!