Isabela (Possible Spoilers)

#1RumJungleJuicePosted 11/10/2009 7:24:46 AM
Quick question:

I went to the Pearl and tried to beat Isabela at cards so I could be taught the Duelist skill. Turns out my DEX wasn't high enough, so I decided to come back later once I'd upped it. I've returned to the Pearl several times now, and she's nowhere to be found. Does she eventually return there, or did I miss my one chance to make my rogue a duelist?

Thanks!
---
"Fear is the oldest and strongest emotion of mankind." - HP Lovecraft
#2Horizon6Posted 11/10/2009 7:25:42 AM
I dunno about your problem, but just so you know, if you take Liliana with you she'll help you beat her regardless of your dex.
#3RumJungleJuice(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2009 7:26:34 AM
I'll definitely take Leiliana with me next time I go to the Pearl... all I need now is some way to make Isabela respawn. Anyone?
---
#4funky flamingoPosted 11/10/2009 7:28:19 AM
Relevant to my interests,
---
..*) .*) Gamertag:FunkyPunky
(. (. . .`.
#5kainsecPosted 11/10/2009 7:31:29 AM
Respawn not that I know of but Zev knows her personally and will help you cheat her if you take him as well.
#6RumJungleJuice(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2009 7:33:53 AM
Hm. Maybe I'll take Leiliana and Zev along with me the next time I go to the Pearl, and hope she's there... I can't imagine they'd only give you one chance to be come a duelist...
---
#7Sparda XPosted 11/10/2009 7:34:01 AM
You can also talk her into sleeping with you instead of playing the card game.
---
A clever little bleeder, was Oscar Wilde. He once defined a cynic as a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. Call me a cynic, then.
#8trejoduneseaPosted 11/11/2009 8:35:03 AM
And Isabela doesn't even mind if your character is male or female.
#9Martin PaganPosted 11/11/2009 8:44:29 AM
Catching Isabela at cheating may be random, actually. I tinkered with her dialogue and at one time I managed to catch her at it after the first try and afterwards it took me 3 tries. The Dex check may be for the dialogue option to appear, however.
---
'Sonny, what's the name of that nasty German who keeps hiding my stuff from me?'
'Alzheimer, grandpa.'
#10GothicPunkChicPosted 11/11/2009 9:13:03 AM
What I do when I play her is the first time you're presented with the option to try and catch her or continue playing select continue playing. Then it will be presented again, and that's when you try to catch her. I had to do it twice and it worked both times

I don't know why she isn't there though, I beat her the first time (both times I had to do it) so I never had to go back. She's the captain of a ship, try going to the harbor and looking there?