Tactics - Potions - doesn't work.

#1Shifter1178Posted 11/10/2009 10:08:49 PM
Anyone tell me how to make my PC's actually drink potions on their own.

I know how tactics works, I know not to select my chars, I know to put the potion option on the top of the list, and I know to not put them on hold mode..but they stillonly drink once if I am lucky then they stop drinking and only attack..why?
#2Grampy_BonePosted 11/10/2009 10:36:22 PM
self: HP<X% ------ use item: health poultice

Are you sure you are picking the 'less than' option?

Also, if they get injured very fast, the script will try to trigger twice before the potion cooldown has passed, which seems to null the script completely sometimes. That's why there's also a "use health poultice: least/most powerful" option.

In any case, careful management of your team is still required in most situations.

---
"If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious!" ~ Travis Touchdown, No More Heroes
#3VincenttriPosted 11/10/2009 10:39:12 PM
Personally I use the "Use lowest..." option as that's more reliable than "Use XXX item" option.

For some reason the "Use xxx item" option seems to bug out more. Wynne and Alistair have been chugging health / mana poultices like crack candy by themselves so I'm not sure what the problem is for you. In fact Wynne in my most recent game went through 12 lesser mana poultices in one boss battle all her own.

Also I find it better to make them use the potion ealier than later. Say <50% instead of <25%, as it gives you a better chance of cacthing them just in case they happen to miss a pot for whatever reason.
#4NicholaasWolfPosted 11/10/2009 10:48:43 PM
It tends not to kick in for me, either. I typically just micro-manage my group to the point where I don't need that script, anyway.
---
How many emos does it take to screw in a lightbulb? None, they'd rather sit alone in the dark and cry.
#5chimeraTWPosted 11/10/2009 10:57:19 PM
What has already been said worked for me. For the endgame, I set everybody with <50% use most powerful health/mana. Your people can still die if they are stunned though.