Infinite Gold

#1ZylaaPosted 11/11/2009 8:47:22 PM
Note: For Vista/7 Users, you can backup your save files here: C:\Users\"Name Of Your Computer"\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Characters ... Albeit for the other OSs it should be in the Files under your Computer name as well.

First you need to have DLC items, such as armor and weapons (best item to use here is the Dragon Armor Breast Plate). Now go to any "Store" NPC (i.e. Quartermaster) and do the following:

1. Sell the Breast Plate (+7 Sovereign), Save your game and exit to main menu
2. Go to the DLC and Uncheck the Breast Plate from the list
3. Force Load the save file (Ignore the text it gives since in the end the Breast Plate will be enabled).
4. As soon as the file is loaded, Save Your Game and quit to menu
5. Enable the DLC Breast Plate
6. You now made 7 Sovereign and got the Plate back in your Inventory. Rinse and Repeat for more gold.

After you get the desire gold, make sure you follow the steps again so the Breast Plate is in your inventory (just don't sell it until you need more gold for later use).
---
I believe violence was existing prior to the release of even Pong - Adam Sessler @ Jack Thompson
#2tdpats12Posted 11/11/2009 8:50:03 PM
Not to rain on your parade, but I don't get it.

If you're willing to use an exploit like that to make money, wouldn't it be easier just to enable the console and use the money cheat? Time and effort wise, I mean.

---
"Embrace eternity!" - Liara T'Soni, Mass Effect
XBL Gamertag: tdpatriots12
#3nafnirPosted 11/11/2009 8:52:46 PM
Using the console has a chance of corrupting the save file. Of course if you just back them up it does'nt really matter.
---
Fall Down Seven Times, Stand Up Eight
~Japanese Proverb
#4tdpats12Posted 11/11/2009 8:54:09 PM
I've completely abused the console in my repeat playthroughs and never broken a thing.

Though I haven't tried to say, go beyond the party limit of four which - from what I've read - is most likely to break the game.

The money cheat? Works perfectly without issue.
---
"Embrace eternity!" - Liara T'Soni, Mass Effect
XBL Gamertag: tdpatriots12
#5Lord BladePosted 11/11/2009 8:54:59 PM
Using the console has a chance of corrupting the save file. Of course if you just back them up it does'nt really matter.

Being "creative" with the console has a chance of corrupting the save file.
Giving your characters talents you shouldn't have (like giving a Warrior the Rogue talents).
Giving yourself more than 2 specializations.
Tweaking your stats.

Adding money or XP is perfectly safe.
Anything that basically isn't outside of what could actually happen in a game.
Giving yourself 1000 gold... that can be done... it would take a while... but it's possible.

Giving yourself 1000000000 gold? Well, that's going a bit overboard. :p
---
You can't spell "ignorance" without IGN.
#6AlphaWhelpPosted 11/11/2009 8:57:44 PM
I give myself 9999 gold 99 silver 99 copper at the start of every game. Nothing bad happens.
---
PSN: AlphaWhelp
Find me playing SCIV Player Match
#7ModKnightPosted 11/11/2009 9:07:24 PM
I've used every cheat more times than I can count. Nothing bad has ever happened, ever. These 'bad occurrences' are just fables created by avid anti-cheating radicals.
#8AsanteRevellPosted 11/11/2009 10:23:24 PM
i've given my warrior rogue talents.
all the specs and completed the game with nothing bad happening
people that say bad things will happen are just BSing
---
Parachutes are for Girls.
#9KainDrag0oNPosted 11/14/2009 12:20:38 PM
I seriously dont get how to 'activate the console' i followed step by step the cheat section and whenever I try to make a shortcut of my daorigins.exe and add the enabledeveloperconsole it says I have a wrong target...
---
The blade is vanquished. So it unfolds...and we are a step closer to our destinies.
#10EdgeOfThorns316Posted 11/14/2009 12:23:53 PM
Why even play?

Ill never understand it, ever. Why not just hire someone to play your game for you too, then one day they can say "come watch the end of the game"....

Thats what cheating like money cheats is like to me, totally pointless, defeats the whole purpose.