Alistair's quest (goldanna)

#1TahngarthorPosted 11/12/2009 2:07:37 AM
Is there any other outcome other than the 'bitterness and resentment" bit? max skill and lots of cunning for persuasion doesnt seem to matter, i noticed if you give her 15 gold she says is that all, can you give her more?
---
<3 FFCC: My Life As a King
#2Tahngarthor(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2009 8:38:44 AM
bump
---
#3SlimeSerfPosted 11/12/2009 11:49:06 AM
Was wondering this myself.
---
YOUR INTELEGENCE BORDERS ON THE IMBICILIC!!
-Sword Dunmer
#4AlphaWhelpPosted 11/12/2009 11:52:40 AM
err... I hardly felt Alistair was bitter and resentful after taking him to see his sister. He was all like "well, that wasn't what I expected it to be, but now I feel better." or something along those lines.
---
PSN: AlphaWhelp
Find me playing SCIV Player Match
#5JosieJPosted 11/12/2009 11:55:14 AM
I think they mean is there any chance to persuade Goldanna not to be so bitter and resentful.

If that's indeed what they mean then no, I don't think there is.
#6Lord BladePosted 11/12/2009 11:58:16 AM
*SPOILERS*

No, she's always mean and nasty.

The only thing you have control over, is how you respond to Alistair after the event.
You can talk him down, being a friend... or you can basically tell him to man up.

If you're friendly about it... he'll cheer up after a bit, and be the same Alistair as always.
(This makes it harder to persuade him for a certain choice at the end of the game).

If you tell him to man up, explaining that that's how the world works, with everyone out for themselves... he'll get his hardened personality. He'll stop joking around, and be all straight faced and serious (and boring as hell honestly).
(This makes the endgame choice easier for him... and also lets you have a threesome with him).
---
You can't spell "ignorance" without IGN.
#7ZeroDMCPosted 11/12/2009 11:59:01 AM
I think I'm going to roll a Mage with very high persuasion skills to see if you can convince her not to be such a cold hearted witch to Alistair.

But...I'm thinking it doesn't matter. I mean what could she possibly offer the group? She is a single mother with like 10 kids and does people's laundry for a living. It's not like she would have some rare artifact stashed somewhere and if she did why the heck hasn't she sold it for money?
#8Tahngarthor(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2009 1:56:04 PM
so even if you persuade with a jillion cunning and give her money, nothing different happens? so in short, giving her 15 gold is just throwing the gold away? (Or do you get more alistair reputation at least?)
---
#9Tahngarthor(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2009 1:56:56 PM
I mean, i just figured that with the option to give her money or try to persuade, they wouldn't offer those options if they had absolutely no effect. But maybe I'm wrong.
---
#10Tahngarthor(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2009 1:58:02 PM
"But...I'm thinking it doesn't matter. I mean what could she possibly offer the group? She is a single mother with like 10 kids and does people's laundry for a living. It's not like she would have some rare artifact stashed somewhere and if she did why the heck hasn't she sold it for money?"

Well, I would figure at least alistair would be happier and maybe he'd give you something, or something like that.
---