Romancing Leliana and being "evil" (Spoilers)

#1DianWei32Posted 11/12/2009 6:51:07 PM
**SPOILERS***
(Note: I am just about the start the Landsmeet event, so please don't spoil anything that happens after that)

Alright, my first playthrough I romanced Morrigan, and was generally a good guy (saved Connor in redcliffe, sided with the mages, sided with the elves), but for my next playthrough I wanted to be more... ruthless, kill connor, side with they templars (eliminate the Circle), side with the werewolves (eliminate the elves)

My only problem is I was also planning on romancing Leliana that playthrough, and she's a good person, so I'm concerned that if I choose some of the bad choices that she will desert me. Would it be possible to both choose the bad choices and keep Leliana's approval hihg enough that you can romance her?
---
The pope is kind of like the Catholic superhero, he's got the cape, the cool hat... his car is even called the Popemobile.
#2Hidden_DragoonPosted 11/12/2009 6:52:41 PM
Well if she's not in your party she won't dissaprove. Even if she does, proper gifts and correct responses to dialogue more than make up for it.

---
PSN: Jorge_JavierX
#3The Great MonPosted 11/12/2009 6:55:17 PM
There are always gifts. The one thing you ABSOLUTELY can't do is siding with the cultists. Lelianna won't take an approval hit, she will flat out attack you. Other than that, leave her out of your party or give gifts. But there should be more than enough approval with dialogue and gifts that it shouldn't be a big deal.

You can also change her attitude to be more cold blooded too through conversation, so that works. Not sure how early you can do that, but I think once it is done she doesn't take as many approval hits for being...uh...morally ambiguous shall we say.
---
Tinil - Night Elf Druid 70
#4AlphaWhelpPosted 11/12/2009 6:57:04 PM
most approval comes from giving the plot-important gifts and talking to them at camp. but you would be surprised what Leliana approves of. When I did the mage's tower, there was a templar there being entralled by a desire demon, and the demon was like "I don't want anything from you, just let me keep him and let us leave." and I said "sure, go ahead." and I got +1 with Leliana.
---
PSN: AlphaWhelp
Find me playing SCIV Player Match
#5MythagoWoodsPosted 11/12/2009 6:57:45 PM
How Do you make her more... evil through dialogue? I thought killing Majorlaine would have done that but apparently I was wrong...
---
POWERSLIIIIIIIIIIDE!
PSN: Fligeneaffe101
#6RedTygaPosted 11/12/2009 6:59:00 PM
It's the dialogue that comes after the Marjorlaine encounter.
---
"Is it ironic that u can get a BS in religion?"
#7SilentHawk29Posted 11/12/2009 6:59:43 PM

**SPOILERS***
(Note: I am just about the start the Landsmeet event, so please don't spoil anything that happens after that)

Alright, my first playthrough I romanced Morrigan, and was generally a good guy (saved Connor in redcliffe, sided with the mages, sided with the elves), but for my next playthrough I wanted to be more... ruthless, kill connor, side with they templars (eliminate the Circle), side with the werewolves (eliminate the elves)

My only problem is I was also planning on romancing Leliana that playthrough, and she's a good person, so I'm concerned that if I choose some of the bad choices that she will desert me. Would it be possible to both choose the bad choices and keep Leliana's approval hihg enough that you can romance her?

You know, siding with the werewolves is the good choice, right (well, not the slaughter all elves one)?
---
PSN - Srikar
Level Design Portfolio - http://www.jasongraddy.com
#8I Almost WinPosted 11/12/2009 7:03:54 PM
Hardening Leliana takes more than one conversation.

It starts when you ask her about how bards are spies in Orlais. You basically have to keep pressing that you think spies are fun and that she shouldn't have left that life. Then when you confront Marjolaine, you have to kill her, and in the conversation afterwards that you can only have with her if you're already romancing and she's at the Adore stage, you have to say that people deserve killing and that Leliana is doing the right thing.

This will turn her into more of a cold-blooded killer and she'll be less critical of you doing evil things.
#9AROE83Posted 11/12/2009 7:08:52 PM
A different thread mentioned that killing Connor may exclude the possibility of romancing Leliana, even if she isn't in your party. My advice would be to romance her first, and test her reaction afterwards if you do kill the boy before you commit to continuing and not reloading to a prior save. Unless you want to use her and lose her, making her love you and then revealing yourself to be a horrible person who she could never be with later...now that would be evil.
#10lordgengarPosted 11/12/2009 7:14:42 PM
the above poster is correct, you cannot kill Connor and then romance Leliana...you could try romancing her before you choose between Isolde and Connor....that might work.