Increasing Party size: Consequences?

#11OG_Gleep(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2009 12:15:20 PM
Ya thats who I wanted to add, the doggy. He's not a viable party member if you are more concerned about gameplay than roleplay, which I am.

Anyhow, if people have any more warnings, I'd appriciate it because I'm about to bump up to 5.
#12PlanescapedPosted 11/16/2009 12:23:55 PM
Adding characters through the console can be a little glitchy at points. If you are supposed to lose your party for a story event then they come with you.

They have in game event's that are unique to them. (the dog finding the kid in the Denerim market) but no banters and they don't make comments during conversations.

I can't wait for a mod that increases party size with problems. It will add so much more to the game. Bioware's small party size in their newer games is a cheap way to add replayability.
---
The clouds pass... the rain does its work and all individual beings flow into their forms." The Book of Changes
#13PlanescapedPosted 11/16/2009 12:26:27 PM
The people who ***** about cheating are console fanboy's who can't edit their games and they are envious. Or people who don't know the mouse from the keyboard and therefore suck at computers.

Just ignore them, they're trolls.
---
The clouds pass... the rain does its work and all individual beings flow into their forms." The Book of Changes
#14CronoPosted 11/16/2009 12:31:10 PM
cool I'd like to add dog. Can I just go the cheats section and do that console command and I'll be set to add?
---
Rock Chalk Jayhawk
#15PlanescapedPosted 11/16/2009 12:45:39 PM
Yeah, you have to enable the console instructions are on the cheats page or the console topic.

Then press the ` key (left of 1) the console doesn't show up so you have to make sure you input it correctly. If it doesn't work try a couple more times. If it still is not working press the ` key and try moving around. If you can't then you are inputing it wrong. If you can move then the console is not enabled.

runscript zz_addparty dog -is the code

Dog is the only character I usually ad since he doesn't have any dialogue interjections.
---
#16CronoPosted 11/16/2009 12:52:24 PM
thanks plane scaped.. so that's the only line I need to input once I have enabled dev console? Secondly, I should have my regular 4 party members selected first (minus Dog) then add dog and he'll pop up and be there? If so.. nice!
---
Rock Chalk Jayhawk
#17Aki_KitsunePosted 11/16/2009 12:57:38 PM

I was testing it for glitches with the whole force party remove thing and when the game gives you back your party the characters they went with and were not supposed to are GONE. Like, gone from the party menu completely so you have to add them back to the party to get them back in your game.

#18PlanescapedPosted 11/16/2009 12:57:53 PM
Yeah. Put in Alistair Leiliana and morrigan or whoever you use. Then put e console command it and dog will pop up out of nowhere.

His portrait doesn't appear and you can't use his abilities but you can talk to him and have him search, mark landmarks and get in game dog related event's.

I mainly use him to pull enemies into traps or away from my party while my other party members pelt the enemy with arrows and spells before they get to me.

He dies a lot but then I just go to camp and heal his injuries. Also if you get to a point where you lose your party and the dog is still with you, don't remove him through the console. That happened to me in Redcliffe, I removed the dog through the console then after beating Redcliffe and getting back to camp Alistair came over to me and ripped me a new one for not taking him along even though he was in my party the whole time.

Reload an earlier save and remove the dog through the party selection screen if he follows you to a place he shouldn't.
---
#19BoboKupoPosted 11/16/2009 1:28:58 PM
Can you do this in the PC version? I want Dog too.
#20DaEvilWithinPosted 11/16/2009 2:56:10 PM
I missed Lel on my 1st playthrough, and I added her later. She was added to my party screen (pic and everything) but took up a char slot, also she had only 50 health at level 10 o.0