What is the best build for a DPS Warrior?

#21kyosuke34Posted 11/16/2009 12:42:20 PM
but at the cost of being super squishy
#22Yuri_is_backPosted 11/16/2009 12:42:53 PM
"yeah but rogues cant wear the hard core end game armor correct cause u need a 38 strength? and can they seriously stand up to a berserker/reaver or berserker/champion build? i mean dont know how powerful an assassan/duelist would be"

Of course they can, there is nothing stopping them from doing so. They are basically the same for the most part when it comes to dual wielding, except rogues do way more damage due to backstabs.
#23Yuri_is_backPosted 11/16/2009 12:46:31 PM
but at the cost of being super squishy

Not at all. They just need 24 dex for momentum. The rest can be put into str, some into con if you want, and 2 in cunning to reach the magical 22 for master stealth.

You wear the same armor, you have more points in str since you didn't go 36 dex too dual wield 2 medium weapons since you want Rose's Thorn in your offhand anyway to maximize crit/backstab damage, and you are doing similar damage per hit. Rogues however, are doing criticals of up to 2x damage whenever backstabbing, hitting stunned targets, or use pinpoint strike.

And with master stealth or feign death you can reset aggro when you are in danger if needed be.
#24kyosuke34Posted 11/16/2009 12:46:35 PM
>.< before I continue arguing I am going to try a rogue and see . But from what I can tell berserk and the whole less fatigue for equipping heavy armor is what makes warrior superior to rogue.
#25NeCrOmAnCeRPosted 11/16/2009 12:48:34 PM
Not to mention stuns and talents that grant auto crit on stuns.
---
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1558/kendamarisa.gif
#26Drunkenboxer07(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2009 12:50:14 PM
should i be trying to get this roses thorn for my warrior build off hand weapon? couldnt i just get that and not have to go 36 dex as well? and what do u guys think of a berserker/reaver build instead of a berserker/champoin build?
#27Yuri_is_backPosted 11/16/2009 12:51:18 PM
"but from what I can tell berserk and the whole less fatigue for equipping heavy armor is what makes warrior superior to rogue"

Well the thing is the bonus to fatigue is minor, but more importantly, you don't really need fatigue. With wades massive dragon armor you get great bonuses anyway. Also, all you need is to turn on duelist and momentum. That's all you need to maximizing damage, using activated abilities actually makes you attack slower, and does not apply the rune damage anyway. So just keeping momentum on and backstabbing is the best way to deal continues single target damage.

It is kinda boring though.
#28VordraxPosted 11/16/2009 12:53:26 PM
Of course they can, there is nothing stopping them from doing so. They are basically the same for the most part when it comes to dual wielding, except rogues do way more damage due to backstabs.

Though you use out on the utility a Rogue has to offer by giving them strength instead of cunning. Also, the Warrior will do much more damage when un-micro'd. Not to mention that most Rogues tend to go Assassin/Duelist while Warriors tend to go Champion/X, which raises group DPS due to Rally and allows for a very large AoE crowd control ability in the form of Warcry.

Finally, the DPS difference between a Rogue using the top 1-handers and the best daggers isn't incredibly high, especially in a dual Mage party running two weapon enchants. My Rogue will certainly be Dex/Cun, and if I were going to go Str/Dex I'd make a dual wielding Warrior and bring an Archer Rogue. With the Dex fix, they're quite potent.

---
99% of internet signatures don't end abruptly. If yours is one of the 1% that do, copy and
#29Yuri_is_backPosted 11/16/2009 12:55:08 PM
"should i be trying to get this roses thorn for my warrior build off hand weapon? couldnt i just get that and not have to go 36 dex as well? and what do u guys think of a berserker/reaver build instead of a berserker/champoin build?"

No for two reasons. First, you have no way to be constantly backstabbing. Rogues get backstabs/crits on all stunned enemies, whenever they are behind them, or when using the duelist talent pinpoint strikes. Warriors have no way to be constantly doing crits.

Second, backstabs are done only with the main hand. So Rose's Thorn does actually get to see that much combat. It's there for the nice bonuses, and because it improves attack speed. Warriors alternate with their weapons no matter what, so it's better to use 2 medium weapons that do good damage.
#30Yuri_is_backPosted 11/16/2009 1:00:09 PM
"Though you use out on the utility a Rogue has to offer by giving them strength instead of cunning. Also, the Warrior will do much more damage when un-micro'd. Not to mention that most Rogues tend to go Assassin/Duelist while Warriors tend to go Champion/X, which raises group DPS due to Rally and allows for a very large AoE crowd control ability in the form of Warcry.

Finally, the DPS difference between a Rogue using the top 1-handers and the best daggers isn't incredibly high, especially in a dual Mage party running two weapon enchants. My Rogue will certainly be Dex/Cun, and if I were going to go Str/Dex I'd make a dual wielding Warrior and bring an Archer Rogue. With the Dex fix, they're quite potent."

You don't really lose utility, it only takes 2 points to get cunning to 22 for lockpicking, and you have plenty of talents to spare as the main character who gets lots of free talents.

And warriors don't really do much more damage then str rogues because warriors have less str due to the need for 36 dex. So I rogues get +12 str over those warriors. So even un-microed, the damage is similar. And if you do pay some attention to your rogue, it skyrockets.

Champion does not raise dps in any direct way. It increases your attack rating, which increases chance to hit. And there is no need to get into what other classes bring into the party since that applies to both builds.

All I'm saying, is that rogues make better dual wielding "warriors" than warriors.