The fate of Brother Genitivi...*SPOILER*

#1Deified_DataPosted 11/17/2009 2:27:39 PM
So, at the end of the Sacred Ashes quest, you're presented with the option of killing Genitivi or letting him leave. I chose to kill him to protect the isolation of the dragon's lair, but the codex says he survived, and made it back to Denerim no worse for wear.

I threw a knife at the back of his head! he's dead! Is his survival supposed to be canon?
#2Deified_Data(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2009 2:55:28 PM
Bumping, because I can.
#3ThraeksPosted 11/17/2009 2:56:55 PM
The endings are kinda screwed up. For me, it said that the dragon burninated the countryside and the peasants even though I'd killed it.
#4shadowspadePosted 11/17/2009 3:20:32 PM
Yeah ya know I had noticed the Codex error as well when I decided to kill Genitivi. A rather unfortunate bug considering there isn't even the slightest possibility he could have lived.

In the end though I reloaded and let the bastard live. His expression before and after you knife him is so... sad. Wynne also have me a lashing for it. I feel though killing him was the only choice. Like Alistiar said now tons of people are going to swarm the temple deteriorating it and taking from the ashes. Sooner rather than later there will be no more ashes.

It should remain a secret and only the truly faithful or those in dire need like the Aral should everr be able to find the Urn. It should remain a truly holy relic and not tainted by pilgrims and whatever else might plague it! The Urn should not be a tourist attraction.
#5HuntailPosted 11/17/2009 3:24:19 PM
What makes you so special? What good is the urn if no one can even find it? If someone in the future can find it wouldn't they be able to spread the news as well? Keeping the urn hidden is a lame reason.
---
I need a weapon
#6Angel Sephiroth 4Posted 11/17/2009 3:27:56 PM
The endings are kinda screwed up. For me, it said that the dragon burninated the countryside and the peasants even though I'd killed it.

TROOOOOGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

\m/
---
"Haw! Nice one! His hairline isn't receeding... it's running away from his face!" - Deadpool, talking about Norman Osborn's hair.