changing the PC's voice mid-game?

#1EnspyroNPosted 11/18/2009 3:31:22 PM
is there any way? i really hate my character's voice but i dont want to restart. i was thinking maybe it is possible to rename some voice files?
#2icefaiiPosted 11/18/2009 3:35:44 PM

Probably doable. Have you tried switch the names of the voice file? You can always go back by making a back up copy if something goes wrong..

#3giocarePosted 11/18/2009 3:38:31 PM
Go under Dragon Age/packages/core/audio/vo/en-us/vo and look for your voice file, for example if you chose human male violent it would be ss_pc_mhuman_violent.fev and ss_pc_mhuman_violent.fsb, either delete them or rename them to one of the different voice files.
#4EVOLV3Posted 11/18/2009 3:44:30 PM

When do you even hear his voice?

#5someonePosted 11/18/2009 3:59:21 PM
More than half the time you ask him to access a door, open a chest, interact with an object, and in battle.

I assume you mistook your character's voice for one of your teammates, because it speaks often. Almost annoyingly so.

---
GT: lJustAlexl
(those are lowercase Ls)
#6justoxx2Posted 11/20/2009 10:00:47 AM
I made the same mistake the TC probably did, and since i dont want to start over either i tried to change the files around. Bad idea. now all the the manipulated files have stopped working, when i create a character now 3 of the voices/animations are practically absent. No sound, no animation. only the untouched voice files work.

Dunno why but I cant seem to revert this back to default now, but i geuss its better than listening the the really out of place voice in the first place.