Landsmeet Backstabbing

#1MadCat221Posted 11/25/2009 3:03:00 PM
*SPOILERS*

Okay, I get the gist from reading stuff that if Allister is to take the throne and take a human noble female PC as queen that some political backstabbing is gonna have to go down. Will there be post-endgame ramifications for plunging the dagger of deception into Arnora's back? Or will it just be the whipped cream on top of the fact that her father will be dying on my sword?

And from what I read, it's backstab or be backstabbed.
---
There is but one letter difference between "Affluent" and "Effluent".
#2mikesackPosted 11/25/2009 3:06:35 PM
Spoilers

Anora's a cunning and ruthless politician. She WILL screw you over at the Landsmeet if you go against her wishes.

Lousy backslider accused me of treason even after I rescued her. I wish there was an option to have HER sent to Fort Drakon to be tortured and beaten.
#3AlphaWhelpPosted 11/25/2009 3:07:41 PM
as far as I understand, you can have Anora locked up in a tower, but I've never actually done this.
---
PSN: AlphaWhelp
Find me playing SCIV Player Match
#4terriblefoodPosted 11/25/2009 3:10:49 PM
Yeah, the lack of such an option ruined the endgame for me. As far as I'm concerned, there's only one ending for the game, the ONLY one where the whole sequence makes sense and was not haphazardly cobbled together by replacement writers from second grade when apparently the entire BioWare design staff got the flu or hantavirus:

(SPOILERS)

1) Surrender to Cauthrien immediately so Anora never gets a chance to betray you.
2) Convince Alistair and Anora to marry so Anora sides with you and doesn't decide to have Alistair executed.
3) Kill Loghain yourself.
#5mikesackPosted 11/25/2009 3:11:51 PM
That's the worst you can do to her.

Spoilers

If you give her the throne, she calls for Alistair's freaking execution. I find her character pretty fascinating in that sense. She's subtle, but brilliant. She lies and double talks and manages to manipulate pretty much everyone but her father.

I'd like to dress her in bacon, give her a hambone for a weapon, and send her into the Deep Roads. Even Loghain didn't piss me off as bad as Anora does. Stupid emotional investment into well written characters ....
#6MirdynPosted 11/25/2009 3:12:53 PM
Anora makes me rage. The best I could do was get her locked away, where she will likely continue scheming. What a conniver. As this grey warden I've killed men and women for far less. Just not fair.
#7MadCat221(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2009 3:35:38 PM
So can I say "yes I'll support you" and then pull the rug out from under her at the Landsmeet? The bit I read made it seem like you could.
---
#8Lord BladePosted 11/25/2009 3:41:52 PM
*Spoilers*

Various outcomes...

Spare Loghain, Alistair leaves.
- If you're a male noble, you can marry Anora, otherwise she rules alone

Loghain dies.
- If Alistair kills him, Anora won't marry him, so you either have to put him on the throne and he puts her in the tower, or she gets the throne and Alistair is executed or exiled.
- If you kill him, you can either have Alistair and Anora marry, Alistair takes the throne and Anora is imprisoned (and you can marry him if female noble)... or Anora takes the throne and Alistair is executed/exiled (and you can marry her if male noble).
---
"I'm the pretty one." - Oghren
#9MadCat221(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2009 3:44:22 PM
And... if playing a Female human noble? Can I play the 'One teyrn's little darling girl out-backstabbing another" game?
---
#10Jblue789Posted 11/25/2009 3:44:27 PM

*Spoilers*

Various outcomes...

Spare Loghain, Alistair leaves.
- If you're a male noble, you can marry Anora, otherwise she rules alone

Loghain dies.
- If Alistair kills him, Anora won't marry him, so you either have to put him on the throne and he puts her in the tower, or she gets the throne and Alistair is executed or exiled.
- If you kill him, you can either have Alistair and Anora marry, Alistair takes the throne and Anora is imprisoned (and you can marry him if female noble)... or Anora takes the throne and Alistair is executed/exiled (and you can marry her if male noble).

w

t

f

I never put her on the throne alone because I knew she was a backstabbing harpy, but holy **** I did not realize she executes Alistair.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/23racfo.gif
http://i38.tinypic.com/ric00g.png