How to maximize approval in companion conversation?

#1phoenixy2Posted 11/28/2009 5:11:07 AM
Well, someone already did the full research on Morrigan

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=950918&topic=52260304

How about the other characters? Has anyone done any research for them?
#2Mary_ContraryPosted 11/28/2009 5:14:42 AM
It's not that hard. Use a little bit of thinking, and sometimes take a leap of faith. If you mess up, it's still really easy to get 100% with just about everyone in your group.

If it's really that hard for you that you want a GUIDE that tells you what to say, then you might as well just turn on cheats and use Add Approval, or fill your inventory with gifts.

Or you could just strain that brain a tiny bit.
#3phoenixy2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2009 5:57:11 AM
I never understand this kind of non-sense on GAMEFAQS.com

If you really must know, I went through all of Wynne's conversation tree agreeing with everything she said, and all I get is +1 to +3. I vaguely remember I could getting +7 in basic convo with her in my previous playthough. And if you really need to know, another reason I post is because I eat cookie for breakfast in the morning.

Getting everyone's approval to max isn't hard, I did it in my last play though. But there is this thing call efficiency. There is a difference between unlocking the 4th tier companion ability half way though the game and unlocking at the end of the game.

All I get out of your post is that you don't possess such knowledge. Good grief. If you think it is easy to figure out the best convo branching without some serious trial and error then you are simply delusional.
#4Horizon6Posted 11/28/2009 6:05:04 AM
Mary did give you good advice though. If you're really after efficiency and don't want to think during the conversations you might as well enable console and add approval.
#5phoenixy2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2009 6:12:02 AM
I don't use the console, ever.

I'm after efficiency and knowledge. I just want to double check the choices I made without reloading constantly.
#6Altari_AshuraPosted 11/29/2009 2:09:33 AM
If you're looking to do this efficiently but fairly I would just recommend saving a LOT, once you've maximized the affection a party member can give you in a particular conversation, save again and rinse/repeat.

Other than that, and aside from gifts, that's all I can really offer you.
#7VaIidityPosted 11/29/2009 2:13:12 AM
quicksave before conversation --> spam Esc and try different reply combinations --> hope you get a lot of approval when the conversation ends

hasn't failed me yet

---
~ As your ship is going down, I'll stand by and watch you drown. ~
http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo240/Walratee/5824cf3e.jpg
#8Mary_ContraryPosted 11/29/2009 3:03:51 AM
Yeah, there's so many options for how to do this rather than requesting a map.

If you're really after "efficiency and knowledge" then just use console. If you won't use console (because, as you said "I never use the console.") then I have to assume it's because you want to do it legit, and don't like to cheat...

...So then why go to a GameFAQs message board and ask for a map that tells you exactly what to do?

Again, it really isn't that hard. And Wynne especially is one of the easiest. Wynne likes it when you respect her wisdom, care for others and choose insightful options. Basically, just be the ideal, 'nice hero who does the right thing" and Wynne will rarely be disappointed.

Agreeing with her all the time isn't the same as these things. When she talks about Abominations, if you tell her that "madness and loss of humanity is what makes an abomination, not being possessed by a spirit" then she will say she never thought of it that way.

I'm just saying, your reasoning doesn't make much sense. Either do it legit, or cheat, but don't cheat in a different way and try to act like you want to do it legit. If you cared about doing it legit, you'd just talk to your companions and figure out their personalities enough to make good choices.
#9jmeyer2039Posted 11/29/2009 3:18:21 AM
"And if you really need to know, another reason I post is because I eat cookie for breakfast in the morning. "

I would probably put this in a sig if I were the type of person to use sigs and put things in them.
#10Vapor115Posted 11/29/2009 4:12:30 AM

phoenixy2 posted...
I never understand this kind of non-sense on GAMEFAQS.com

If you really must know, I went through all of Wynne's conversation tree agreeing with everything she said, and all I get is +1 to +3. I vaguely remember I could getting +7 in basic convo with her in my previous playthough. And if you really need to know, another reason I post is because I eat cookie for breakfast in the morning.

Getting everyone's approval to max isn't hard, I did it in my last play though. But there is this thing call efficiency. There is a difference between unlocking the 4th tier companion ability half way though the game and unlocking at the end of the game.

All I get out of your post is that you don't possess such knowledge. Good grief. If you think it is easy to figure out the best convo branching without some serious trial and error then you are simply delusional.

Dude calm down. The point is simple- if it's that important that you need a guide, just cheat, and then say whatever you want to them. Using the internet or a guide is just as much of a cheat as using a code.

Running a console code is more efficient then reading a damn guide, and on top of that, you still get to say whatever you want to them. Relax bro.