Alistair Romance - How to get the ending (Major Spoilers)

#1Chuchu2Posted 11/29/2009 8:56:05 PM
Alistair and I (a female human noble) were richly in love before the Landsmeet. Then he broke up with me so that he can have a baby with someone less tainted. I heard, as a human noble, you can have Morrigan do some ritual thing? How and when can this happen? Is it too late now that he already called it quits? I have yet to go to Redcliffe to battle the Darkspawn.
#2HalecticPosted 11/29/2009 8:57:18 PM
You talk to Morrigan about her ritual, then you need alot of coercion
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#3Lord BladePosted 11/29/2009 8:59:14 PM
Morrigan does can do the ritual no matter what. She can do Alistair or Loghain, or your PC if you're male.
---
"I'm the pretty one." - Oghren
#4Chuchu2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2009 9:13:16 PM
When/How do I talk to her? Can this be done after Alistair breaks up with me at the Landsmeet?
#5Lord BladePosted 11/29/2009 9:18:02 PM
Her ritual comes before the final battle sequence. When you're all at the Arl's place, and you go up to talk to the other Grey Warden.
---
"I'm the pretty one." - Oghren
#6Chuchu2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2009 10:29:18 PM
So the order here is...
1) Fall in love
2) Landsmeet
3) Alistair says we can't be together because of the darkspawn taint.
4) Morrigan performs ritual before the end battle.
5) ...We get back together, marry and live happily ever after?
#7AdalminPosted 11/29/2009 10:57:36 PM
That's a little bit weird, he didn't break up with my human female noble for any reason o.0 You may have hit a brick wall in that case, this game is buggy at times.

Morrigan however will always show up to offer the ritual. But I doubt you can marry happily ever after unless he's back at +100 (Love) again :/
#8Mellow_RGPosted 11/30/2009 1:12:51 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9liquld1985Posted 11/30/2009 1:30:33 AM
Alister will break up with you if you are not a human noble persuasive enough to make Landsmeet accept you as the queen, if you want to continue with him just make Arona the queen. or you can always just have him killed (man how I loved having Alister executed). Morrigan's ritual has nothing to do with romance.
#10thestoutteapotPosted 11/30/2009 1:47:20 AM
you didn't use the option at the landsmeet to have "alistair on throne and rule beside him", so you won't get married even being a noble woman.

morrigan will offer you the ritual regardless of how the landsmeet went, or who/what you are playing as. it's there for specific reasons. you've already marked this thread for spoilers, so I'll say that at the end, one of the wardens has to die. if you do the ritual with morrigan then no one will die. it's offered right before the final battle so it's a little ways down the road from the landsmeet.

if you decline her offer, stay in good graces with alistair and take him in your final party, he will sacrifice himself for yuo even after breaking up, and say he was a fool for leaving you

if you decline her offer and leave alistair behind, he will hold a nice funeral for you and talk about how he thought you two would be together forever, despite having broken up with you.

if you accept her offer then it won't matter either way if alistair is in the party - he will be crowned and at the end when you mention your past relationship about it he shows remorse about what couldn't be but will still carry out his duty - without you.

you could always just go back to a previous save and redo the landsmeet. up your cunning and coercion skills. use books if necessary.