Level Cap Removal?

#1GaelstromPosted 11/29/2009 9:20:55 PM
I'd imagine I'd see it in the search, which I didn't, but has anyone modded the ability to remove the level cap yet?

I don't really need it, I just kind of like to see the needless death and destruction after level 25 be not-so-needless.
#2TakumiSamaPosted 11/29/2009 9:24:30 PM
Problem is, you won't reach level 25 without abusing glitches or donating massive amounts of money to the Redcliffe soldiers using the infinite money trick (not really a glitch).

Going higher than 25 would be nigh impossible without some kind of mod that allows you to play some kind of new game +.

---
If your parents never had any children, chances are you won't have any either
#3Lord BladePosted 11/29/2009 9:26:12 PM
Problem is, you won't reach level 25 without abusing glitches or donating massive amounts of money to the Redcliffe soldiers using the infinite money trick (not really a glitch).

Actually, if you're thorough, you can hit 23 without a problem.
To hit 25, you'll have to just donate a lot of crap. If you just hold on to the items you can donate, or buy a lot of them... you'll get plenty of XP.

And the Elves in the forest camp have an infinite supply of the items you can donate to them. So it's quite simple really.
---
"I'm the pretty one." - Oghren
#4Gaelstrom(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2009 9:29:55 PM
I admit having used the glitch related to Duncan getting the blood vials but not getting the scrolls in the early game. Being a mage, I HATE when games give me the decent spells later, so honestly I wanted to spend more time enjoying carnage rather than waiting for things to cool down. The game's still challenging as hell, too, I love that. It's just more fun all around.

If there's not a way to remove it though, no big deal. I already took the respec mod, so I'll play around that way. Would be nice to have more abilities to play around with though.
#5Lord BladePosted 11/29/2009 9:31:00 PM
But that's the point, isn't it? That you have to level up before you can play with the big spells?
As you get better, you're given more and more power.
---
"I'm the pretty one." - Oghren
#6Gaelstrom(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2009 10:02:08 PM
It's really more like I have a stigma from previous games like this. I never quite understand the strengths and weaknesses of certain paths, especially mages, so the only real excuse is to be overpowered to find the "right" methods of playing. I still find myself using like the same 4 spells really, and wanted to play around with the spells that I consider 'useless' based on their descriptions.

But really, most of the time I just enjoy getting through the plot with some challenge. I could enver make it through Shadows of Amn expansion because I just kept getting killed so easily and couldn't figure out why my character that was so powerful by the end of the original game kept getting so annihilated with such ease.