Sexy fantasy armor for females?

#141MirdynPosted 12/8/2009 9:38:17 AM
You, liquld1985, are defending it as a way of illegitimizing such a request. Bioware didn't do it, therefore it doesn't belong. And yes, lack of variety IS part of this issue. As all armor sets available in-game favor excessive apparent modesty (while still somehow emphasizing the breasts and vag of every female in the game, in the case of mage robes) variety would have to include items that were less so.
#142liquld1985Posted 12/8/2009 9:38:50 AM
@Undead587 : you must like armors in DA:O right? I mean they look exactly the same weather they are used by males or females. I'm with you on that, but if developers of a game decide to make a game like WoW, then there is nothing we can do.
#143Wabbajack2Posted 12/8/2009 9:40:43 AM
I ended up putting the chantry robe on Morrigan and gave the fancy noble dresses to Wynne and Leliana as they were the most fabulous attire!

Plus the mod that made Morrigan's robe into the R range and wouldn't be youtube safe. (Making videos and uploading em)
---
I live by the 5 D's: Dodge, Dip, Duck, Dive, Dodge!
Enchantment? Enchantment!
#144Undead587Posted 12/8/2009 9:45:13 AM

@Undead587 : you must like armors in DA:O right? I mean they look exactly the same weather they are used by males or females. I'm with you on that, but if developers of a game decide to make a game like WoW, then there is nothing we can do.

Yes, I do enjoy the armor models in Dragon Age: Origins. My only complaint, although minor, is that I wish there were more unique armors to choose from.

I see what you're saying about WoW. It never ceased to amaze me how the armor models looked. A female warrior tanking a raid boss wearing a few pieces of plate here and there...
#145wigi89Posted 12/8/2009 9:49:21 AM
I just say its a world where magic exists so the reasoning behind tanking a dragon in nothing more than a chain skirt and a push-up is because the items themselves are magical. Plus having a push-up of +17 cleavage would be pretty sweet and would probably help your hot elf female warrior dodge alot more attacks than you would think.
#146liquld1985Posted 12/8/2009 9:53:39 AM
@Agent Aegis : the point is that weather it was a good design or not, it's the way the game is. like, no matter weather you like Star Wars or not, having a Jedi fighting in Plate armor will look odd, even for the sake of variety. and variety =/= sexy armor I can design more than 50 different armors myself without making even one of the revealing or sexy (it's not hard, just pick a normal armor they made and add enough texture/extra parts to it that it looks like a new set). if you thing variety=sexy then you need to rethink your view of the world.
#147ottomshank45Posted 12/8/2009 9:55:38 AM
i like how this is gone down
---
GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!! GO JAYS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PSN ID: akal45
#148CressetPosted 12/8/2009 9:59:30 AM
@Undead587 : you must like armors in DA:O right? I mean they look exactly the same weather they are used by males or females.

there's an early game leather armor that has lulsy tit-protectors when worn by females. At least, I saw a few npc's like that.
---
Her voice is sexy like my grandmothers - Scorpio71717
#149MirdynPosted 12/8/2009 10:01:06 AM
liquld1985, variety includes sexy. It doesn't define it. Is my world-view any more valid in your eyes now that I've said that? Didn't think so. But it's alright.

To wigi89: Well, even a good bow can pierce armor. A magical bow surely could pierce magical armor just as easily. So it's not much protection there. Or against many sorts of magic, dragon fire, etc. In close quarters it's not worthless to don a tin can and rush into battle. But mobility and freedom of movement is not exactly without merit in this setting. Doesn't really reflect well in a game where combat statistics are so simplified though. Plate can be enchanted but your movements are still severely limited. But magical push-up bra could also viable as long as it's similarly enchanted. You'd have to be really confident, or a mage, to try something like that.
#150liquld1985Posted 12/8/2009 11:00:52 AM
half-naked sexy armor will look out of place in ANY game involving swords. I mean armor is for protection, so why should you reduce the protection for the sake of sexiness? and don't even try the "it'll be enchanted" argument. one would assume that after getting their @** kicked a few times by a female warrior wearing a few pieces of enchanted armor here and there, the enemies would make some enchanted weapon to bypass the magical protection of your sexy armor all together and then they would proceed to chop you to small pieces since you have no actual armor. enchantment, after all, works for everyone right? (even some Darkspawn weapons you get in this game are enchanted).