Character Creation - Portrait Glitch?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Character Creation - Portrait Glitch?

User Info: Go1die

Go1die
7 years ago#1
I just got this game and I am creating my character. When I get to the appearance selection mode, the portrait looks fine until I slide any sort of slider and then the whole face in the portrait messes up. I am so picky about these kinds of things like the character portrait and won't start the game until the problem is fixed. I have searched the forum and found no official solution. I meet all the System Requirements so I don't know what the issue could be. Any help?

User Info: mkprovince

mkprovince
7 years ago#2
Messed up how?
I just changed my personal arsenal to fifteen Metal Gear Ray...... And I'm looking for a target. Who wants to be one? You?

Go1die
7 years ago#3
When any slider is moved, several parts of the face in the portrait turn black as if the face is a puzzle and pieces have been taken out of it. I'll upload a screenshot in a minute...

Go1die
7 years ago#4
Having trouble taking screenshots so here is someone else's:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/671/screenshot2009111917145.jpg

User Info: sherlockemery

sherlockemery
7 years ago#5
Looks like your messing with the tattoo slider.
A person's character is his destiny.
Anyway, I know I'm a cheating bastard!

mkprovince
7 years ago#6
Never had that problem even once. Odd that some would be experiencing that. Say, what's your video driver version?
I just changed my personal arsenal to fifteen Metal Gear Ray...... And I'm looking for a target. Who wants to be one? You?

User Info: sherlockemery

sherlockemery
7 years ago#7
I think he's just seeing the tattoos on the face based on the screenshot.

Unless he can provide a different screenshot that will show the errors.
A person's character is his destiny.
Anyway, I know I'm a cheating bastard!

Go1die
7 years ago#8
I just updated my video card driver; didn't work... I will try to take another screenshot.

Go1die
7 years ago#9
Got it to work! Hopefully this is better:

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/3889/dragonageportrait.png

mkprovince
7 years ago#10
Does this problem persist with a new character creation? Try another one. See if it sticks with a male character or a female character.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Character Creation - Portrait Glitch?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived