Character Creation - Portrait Glitch?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Character Creation - Portrait Glitch?
5 years ago#1
I just got this game and I am creating my character. When I get to the appearance selection mode, the portrait looks fine until I slide any sort of slider and then the whole face in the portrait messes up. I am so picky about these kinds of things like the character portrait and won't start the game until the problem is fixed. I have searched the forum and found no official solution. I meet all the System Requirements so I don't know what the issue could be. Any help?
5 years ago#2
Messed up how?
---
I just changed my personal arsenal to fifteen Metal Gear Ray...... And I'm looking for a target. Who wants to be one? You?
5 years ago#3
When any slider is moved, several parts of the face in the portrait turn black as if the face is a puzzle and pieces have been taken out of it. I'll upload a screenshot in a minute...
5 years ago#4
Having trouble taking screenshots so here is someone else's:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/671/screenshot2009111917145.jpg
5 years ago#5
Looks like your messing with the tattoo slider.
---
A person's character is his destiny.
Anyway, I know I'm a cheating bastard!
5 years ago#6
Never had that problem even once. Odd that some would be experiencing that. Say, what's your video driver version?
---
I just changed my personal arsenal to fifteen Metal Gear Ray...... And I'm looking for a target. Who wants to be one? You?
5 years ago#7
I think he's just seeing the tattoos on the face based on the screenshot.

Unless he can provide a different screenshot that will show the errors.
---
A person's character is his destiny.
Anyway, I know I'm a cheating bastard!
5 years ago#8
I just updated my video card driver; didn't work... I will try to take another screenshot.
5 years ago#9
Got it to work! Hopefully this is better:

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/3889/dragonageportrait.png
5 years ago#10
Does this problem persist with a new character creation? Try another one. See if it sticks with a male character or a female character.
---
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Character Creation - Portrait Glitch?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived