Character Creation - Portrait Glitch?

#21mkprovincePosted 12/25/2009 12:10:02 AM
Now that sure is odd. I have put in nearly two hundred hours of gameplay and I never encountered that problem. Can't help you now. Did the techs answer to your post, if I may ask?
---
I just changed my personal arsenal to fifteen Metal Gear Ray...... And I'm looking for a target. Who wants to be one? You?
#22mkprovincePosted 12/25/2009 12:13:20 AM
How about reinstalling and see whether that does you any good.
---
I just changed my personal arsenal to fifteen Metal Gear Ray...... And I'm looking for a target. Who wants to be one? You?
#23ltdresorcsPosted 12/25/2009 12:45:22 AM

My character creator did this once, as well.

Before re-installing, try the following, instead:

First, make a backup copy of your characters' saves, they're located in:

Documents and Settings\...\My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Characters

Then, delete the contents of thefollowing folder:

Single Player

located in:

Documents and Settings\...\My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\modules\Single Player

The deletion should not affect any of your saves; however, if you have a mod/addon in that particular folder (like No_Starting_Abilities or Steal_Cooldown_Reduced), you will want to move it out of the location for the time being.

Don't worry, at startup, the game will replace any files that are needed back into this directory.

-----

You may also want to check & see if you have any mods conflicting with one another. The particular file that would be conflicted would be:

chargenmorphcfg.xml

i.e.: If you're using both Pineapple's Vibrant Colors and More_Hairstyles, both of those mods make their own changes to the chargen file.

Good luck! I hope this helps.

#24IRoxxorUrSoxxorPosted 12/29/2009 2:25:32 PM
My Morrigan suddenly had a Dark-Jedi-From-KOTOR thing happen to her portrait.
#25supreme darPosted 12/29/2009 2:54:53 PM
Hey did you update your game to the latest version? I seem to remember that I've read something about them fixing some sort of glitch in the portraits in the latest patch.
---
Using guides or walkthroughs is NOT cheating