Possbile to change companion's class? (rogue,warrior,mage)

#1Soldier3rdClassPosted 6/6/2010 11:19:32 PM
Wanted to switch up some characters classes so that I could have the people I want in my party a long with the party type I'd like. Just to make it more clear I'm talking about stuff like making Sten a mage if I desired to.

Anyways just wanted to know if it's possible or not and if it is then how would I do it.
#2raichudlPosted 6/6/2010 11:40:30 PM
Sten couldn't be change into a mage without messing up the lore.
---
changed my sig due to the fact that my being a female was offensive to the immature idiots on this board - girlgamersrock
#3Soldier3rdClass(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2010 11:49:18 PM
The lore of Sten or the Qunari cause I'm fairly certain Sten mentioned Qunari mages at some point in the game.

Besides I don't see how breaking lore would prevent me from doing so via console or mod if such a function or mod exists.
#4Monkey_SlayerPosted 6/7/2010 12:43:26 AM
I'm not sure if the Qunari or Dwarves (and Shale definetely doesn't have) have casting animations, but I've understood this is possible. Can't say how it's done, though. Probably through the console.
---
History repeats itself because no one was listening the first time.
~Anonymous
#5SwordmasterXIIIPosted 6/7/2010 2:12:13 AM
1.Make sure u have access to the console
2.I dont know how,find a way to save ur items
3.Select the char u want
4. Enter runscript zz_warrior/rogue/wizard, w/e class u want
Pretty much that's that.

Note:Some chars who normally get 2 spec points will get just 1 (dunno why,happens sometimes)
Also in case u want to respec change to one of the other classes 1st.
---
No Comment
#6Soldier3rdClass(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2010 1:47:50 PM
^^ Haven't had the time to get on but thanks for that and I'll try it out later. Wouldn't it also be possible to add a specialization point through the console to fix the point loss?

Nvm while writing that I found the Dragon Age console wiki something I probably should of easily found last night but yeah being around 2am I guess I was a bit tired for common sense. Looks like you can even change people to have the dog skills or Shale's if you wanted to.

As for the inventory thing it says if you add x to the commands then your inventory won't be affected The only noted side effect is it changes your race origin and I'm guessing that only really applies to your PC.
#7DarkDisastorPosted 6/8/2010 6:27:42 AM
Search dragon age nexus for 'Meta Game Items' Has a handy ingame item that lets you switch classes as well as other things.
---
Even a devil may cry when he loses a loved one.