Shale (Spoilers?)

#1Vegeta828Posted 12/20/2010 9:10:33 PM
Is Shale a female (because of female voice actor)? I always thought he/she was male. Or maybe he/she is genderless?

---
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. I Cor 13:6-8
#2SunWuKung420Posted 12/21/2010 12:27:49 AM
Shale loves its gems and is always willing to get more.

You decide for yourself.
---
Real life has always been and will always be the original and greatest 3D massively multiplayer adventure game.
#3funkyfritterPosted 12/21/2010 1:16:12 AM
She's female. Do her sidequest.
---
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/297/keyboardwut.jpg
#4red255Posted 12/21/2010 2:14:22 AM
Shale is a dwarf, Zevran is an elf.

....dwarves are manly, even the females have beards. (well not in DA:O, but they got that wrong, those are like gnomes or something)

...and well elves are feminine, you can have sex with them and not be ***. cuz its with an elf.
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#5SunWuKung420Posted 12/21/2010 2:17:35 AM
umm....Shale is not a dwarf, she is a golem.
---
Real life has always been and will always be the original and greatest 3D massively multiplayer adventure game.
#6johnny_payPosted 12/21/2010 7:26:15 AM
now shale is a golem but she used to be a dwarf and her family name was shayle
#71945fighterPosted 12/21/2010 8:40:53 AM
I thought her dwarven name was Shayle. Her family is Cadash or house name, if that's what they go by. Now she's a golem.
#8DuneManPosted 12/21/2010 9:09:01 AM
It works like this: insert one female dwarf into Carridan's Golem making process, out pops Shale the golem.

You were given clues early on when Shale asked if the crystals made her look fat, and through her petty jealousy of what's his name's wife.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#9johnny_payPosted 12/21/2010 3:31:22 PM
im sure shale hated wilhelms wife because she was rude to her(shale) not because she was jealous
#10OldDirtyCRPosted 12/21/2010 4:53:15 PM
umm....Shale is not a dwarf, she is a golem.

*spoilers*

Shale is a dwarf. She was turned into a golem. Go do the sidequest. She is a girl. Didn't you see the thing at the end of the game where Shale and Wynn head out together to go find a way to cure Shale?

....dwarves are manly, even the females have beards. (well not in DA:O, but they got that wrong, those are like gnomes or something)

...and well elves are feminine, you can have sex with them and not be ***. cuz its with an elf.

Well considering dwarves are fantasy creatures, there is no "true" description of one. To try and pretend any game's dwarfs are "wrong" is ridiculous. It's like trying to argue that unicorns have to always be pink.

So if a man dresses feminine and wears dresses/makeup, then it isn't gay to sleep with him? -_-;;

A male elf has male parts. That is pretty much the deciding factor on what gender a creature is.