Alistair (spoilers)

#1The_OllynatorPosted 2/24/2011 1:33:42 AM
Can I have Alistair become King, and not leave the party? Or are those somehow linked (was just reading ahead and trying to decide whether I want to harden him or not)

For what it is worth - My warden is male (no romance option), I am currently outside Goldannas house about to make the decision whether to harden him or or not ( < Will this affect the outcome of my main question?), and I've not met Loghain, Anora or done any of that sequence yet.
---
"The next statement is true. The previous statement was false."
~ Stephen Colbert
#2GQ_AbdouPosted 2/24/2011 2:00:35 AM
*SPOILER ALERT*

If you do decide to make him king (and yes, hardening him is the best option if you wish to make him king), and you still wish to keep him in your party, you MUST have Loghain executed, or else Loghain will take his spot in your party as the new Grey Warden. If Alistair becomes King and Loghain lives, then Alistair will leave the party. If you go with the former option, Alistair says something along the lines of "I'll be back to serve my duties as king after I'm done finishing up my Grey Warden duties", or something.
#3The_Ollynator(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2011 2:17:36 AM
Fantastic, thank you so much.
(I feel like Gamefaqs needs a second karma system in which people on the board can give karma to others for helping. It would never really work, but theoretically it would be nice! Anyway, off topic now but thanks again GQ_Abdou)
---
"The next statement is true. The previous statement was false."
~ Stephen Colbert
#4Maverick3000Posted 2/24/2011 3:59:40 AM
Unless you plan to:

A.) Romance Alistar

or

B.) Aquire a certain party member at the end

Then hardening him really has no impact. Its just an RP thing. If you want power in the end, then don't unharden him.
---
we're not all geniuses like you Maverick. >_> - AWrulez
#5GQ_AbdouPosted 2/24/2011 5:58:20 PM
Yeaaaa but everyone should Harden Alistair. He says such cooler things at the end, and it shows that he does have a tough guy/leadership role side to him. And you're welcome, Ollynator. =)
#6Maverick3000Posted 2/24/2011 8:32:15 PM
Not if you want to be ruler and can't be king/queen; then you should leave him unhardened.
---
we're not all geniuses like you Maverick. >_> - AWrulez