What's the max level/skill points/talent points/stat points? (origin+awakening)

#1g0tbeef89Posted 9/3/2011 4:15:17 PM
And how many specializations can I have?

Is it 2 for origin or 2 throughout? E.g if I have an arcane warrior/blood mage in origin and I import it, would I be able to pick 1 of the 2 specializations in awakening? Also do I have to wait until awakening to get the awakening specializations or can I get them in origin?

Also I'd like to know how many skill points and talent/spell points I can gain just from levelling and on what level so I can plan ahead. Also include in brackets any other means if gaining those points.
---
mrCube posted...Yeah that's what I thought but I may be sending mixed messages by having sex with her.
#2Nasada19Posted 9/3/2011 4:42:02 PM(edited)
And how many specializations can I have?

Max level in Origins is 25. In Awakening it's 35. You can 2 specializations in Origins (level 7 and 14) and 3 in Awakening (level 22).

(From Widget)

Max Possible Attributes to Assign
5 at Level 1
72 From Leveling
3 Story Events
2 Mortal Vessel Tomes
4 Physical/Arcane Technique Tomes
3 Skill and Sundry Tomes
1 Formari Tome
3 Grimoire of Frozen Wastes
1 Tome of Ethereal Suggestion for mages
Total 93 for Warriors/rogues, 94 for mages

*On PC no attributes are given on skill or talent tomes*

Max Possible Talents to Assign
24 max from level up
3 at character creation (including the one pre-assigned)
3 After story events (Rogues only get 2)
1 from the desire demon (Mage Only)
4 from tome of arcane/physical technique
For a total of 35 for mages, 34 for Warriors and 33 for rogues

Max Possible Skills to Assign
2 Pre-Assigned (three if your a human noble rogue, maybe xbox only))
1 On Character Creation
Rogues 12 from levels
Warriors/Mages 8 from Levels
Rogues 1 from story event
3 from Skill and Sundry Tomes
1 Fomari Tome
Total 15 for Warriors/Mages, 20 for Rogues (21 for Human on xbox)

This is assuming 25 level max. In Awakening you'd have 30 more stat points, 10 more talent points, and more skill points.

Is it 2 for origin or 2 throughout? E.g if I have an arcane warrior/blood mage in origin and I import it, would I be able to pick 1 of the 2 specializations in awakening? Also do I have to wait until awakening to get the awakening specializations or can I get them in origin?

It's 2 in Origins and 3 once you reach Awakening. And you can't use any of the Awakening stuff in Origins unless (I'm assuming) you mod the game. Also in Awakening (and only with mods in Origins) you can respec any time, so it's not like you're stuck with what you build.

Also I'd like to know how many skill points and talent/spell points I can gain just from levelling and on what level so I can plan ahead. Also include in brackets any other means if gaining those points.

Builds are fairly simple in this game. It's honestly a waste of time to plan your stat builds out in a complicated manner. Like a 2-hand DPS optimally built would be pure strength, rouges are 28-30 dex, rest in cunning, mages are all pure magic, etc. Spreading your stats all over the place is going to gimp you more than help you.
---
If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
#3g0tbeef89(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2011 4:54:34 PM
Thanks dude.

that was very helpful, and quite fast.

I always loved building an optimal team with some roleplay capabilities - I was quite disappointed with neverwinter nights because it didn't allow me to do that.

I played baldur's gate and icewind dale before that and loved it (with all sequels and expansions of course)
---
mrCube posted...Yeah that's what I thought but I may be sending mixed messages by having sex with her.
#4some09guy IIPosted 9/3/2011 5:39:34 PM
There's also a mod, if interested, which raises max level to 50, essentially making it nigh impossible to reach the level cap. At least without a ton of campaign mods in addition.
#5g0tbeef89(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2011 3:24:46 AM(edited)
Anyways, thanks to the info above, this is what I'm working towards - of course the order to which I get there is still unknown:

Abit of min/maxing and a bit of roleplaying.

Leliana (26):

Dirty Fighting
Below the Belt
Deft Hands, Improved Tools,
Melee Archer, Aim, Defensive Fire, Master Archer
Pinning Shot, Crippling Shot, Critical Shot, Arrow of Slaying
Rapid Shot, Shattering Shot, Suppressing Fire, Scattershot
Song of Valor, Distraction, Song of Courage, Captivating Song
Summon Wolf, Summon Bear, Summon Spider, Master Ranger

(2 left over - suggestions?)

Morrigan (26):

Build 1:

Cold: 4
Lightning: 3
Mana Alteration: 3
Death: 4
Telekinesis: 2
Hexes: 1
Sleep: 2
Draining: 2
Shapeshifting: 1
Blood Magic: 4

Build 2:

Mana Alteration: 3
Telekinesis: 1
Hexes: 4
Sleep: 3
Draining: 4
Shapeshifting: 1
Blood Magic: 3

(which build should I take?)

Wynne (26):

Mastery: 4
Earth: 2
Healing: 4
Enhancement: 4
Glyphs: 1
Summoning: 3
Spirit Healer: 4

Warden (34):

Mastery: 2
Fire: 3
Earth: 1
Glyphs: 4
Telekinesis: 4
Debilitation: 4
Arcane Warrior: 4
---
#6Nasada19Posted 9/5/2011 8:28:54 AM
For Leliana: Capivating Song sucks, don't get it. Be sure to get Lethality though so her damage is half cunning based. Get 30 dex for talents, rest in cunning. This is best for DPS and you'll get a really big boost from song of courage. Everything else is fine, though honestly the archery talents kinda suck.

For Morrigan:

Cold: 4 - I'd stop at cone of cold. Blizzard is terribly unimpressive to me.
Lightning: 3 - Lighting line isn't worth it in my opinion. I'm assuming you're just trying for Storm of the Century, but honestly it's annoying to set up and the direct approach will more likely end battles sooner. But it's still nice to play with I guess.
Mana Alteration: 3 - This is insane. One mage should have mana clash in your party. It pretty much instantly kills all mages. If they're not dead, they only have like 10 hp left.
Death: 4 - Death cloud is alright.
Telekinesis: 2 - Force field is alright if you use it appropriately with your tank or something.
Blood Magic: 4 - Blood control sucks, I'd skip it.
Hexes - They're useful, but I don't really use them.

What you might want to look into would be Fireball as it's an amazing spell (just watch for friendly fire even in the lower difficulties), Also having heal on all your mages is a really good idea. It's just 1 point and it can be a lifesaver.

Mastery: 4 - Meh. I could deal with less in there. I like having a variety of spells.
Earth: 2 - Good idea for shattering combined with Morrigan's cone of cold.
Healing: 4 - I'd skip mass rejuvination. Lyrium potions are plentiful and your party wouldn't seem to benefit from stamina regeneration even if your Warden was a 2-hand DPS.
Enhancement: 4 - All the spells leading to haste are garbage. And if you're going to be running haste all the time it does have some bugs with it. I'm unsure of the specifics on PC, but I'm sure you can just download a mod to fix it.
Glyphs: 1 - Paralysis is always useful. Might want to look into the paralysis explosion combo with the glyph of repulsion.
Summoning: 3 - I'd get stinging swarm too. It's an underrated spell.
Spirit Healer: 4 - Whatever Wynne has in this line is fine. Lifeward isn't that useful and I'd rather not tie up a huge chunk of her mana with cleansing aura.
Blood Magic: 4 - Stop at Blood Wound. You'll be better off.

Mastery: 2 - I wouldn't really bother with Arcane Shield as you get an AW spell that pretty much covers this.
Fire: 3 - Fireball is quite good.
Earth: 1 - I may get Stonefist just so you could shatter more.
Healing: 4 - Once against I don't find much benifit out of rejuvenate especially in a 3 blood mage party. No one in your party will be relying on stamina/mana regeneration.
Enhancement: 4 - And for dual hastes I'm fairly sure you'll have to download a mod so it doesn't slow down Leliana.
Glyphs: 4 - Glyphs are nice
Telekinesis: 4 - I'm a little confused here. A mage can only run 1 "weapons" spell at a time. Morrigan I'm assuming is running Frost Weapons and then I'd give one to Wynne and one for yourself. And crushing prison is alright though I find it overrated.
Debilitation: 4 - I'd stop at Miasma. You'll have blood wound and you'll basically never use Mass Paralysis once you have it.
Arcane Warrior: 4 - Of course.
Blood Magic: 4 - Stop at Blood Wound once again.

And I'll just stay I recommend Sleep/Waking Nightmare and the Virulent Walking bomb line. Also if you're going to be primarily using melee weapons as an AW you might want to take a look at spells that make you sheath your weapons before casting. This can be fairly annoying.
---
If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
#7g0tbeef89(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2011 4:10:34 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8g0tbeef89(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2011 5:55:03 AM(edited)
Okay:

Here's the final version:

Leliana: 26:

Dirty Fighting: 1
Evasion: 4
Improved Tools: 2
Master Archer: 4
Arrow of Slaying: 4
Scatter Shot: 4
Song of Courage: 3
Master Ranger: 4

Morrigan: 26

Cold: 3
Lightning: 1
Healing: 1
Telekinesis: 4
Hexes: 4
Sleep: 4
Draining: 4
Blood Mage: 4
Shapeshifter: 1

Wynne: 26

Arcane: 1
Glyphs: 4
Summoning: 4
Telekinesis: 2
Blood Mage: 3
Spirit Healer: 2

Warden: 34

Arcane: 2
Fire: 3
Healing: 1
Mana Alteration: 4
Death: 4
Arcane Warrior: 4
Blood Mage: 3
---