So if I do the quest Alistair's Family...

#1Crystal_DreamPosted 4/17/2012 2:22:24 PM
And I DON'T pick "Everyone's out for themselves," he will NOT get hardened, right?
I'm trying not to harden him.
---
"I like ****ing silly *****es because I know my ***** likes it." - Kenny McCormick (South Park Season 10).
#2Nasada19Posted 4/17/2012 5:11:05 PM
Right.
---
There is a great need for a sarcasm font.
#3Crystal_Dream(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2012 8:40:07 PM
So any other option will not harden him?
Because I keep thinking he's hardened because his dialogue when you initiate a conversation with him changes from "Something on your mind?" to "Ask away."
---
"I like ****ing silly *****es because I know my ***** likes it." - Kenny McCormick (South Park Season 10).
#4Nasada19Posted 4/17/2012 8:50:11 PM
lol That's not hardened.
---
#5Crystal_Dream(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2012 9:16:36 PM
Nasada19 posted...
lol That's not hardened.

It is not?
How can you tell? Besides getting Alistair into a threesome (male Warden).
---
#6Nasada19Posted 4/17/2012 9:18:56 PM
You picked the option that didn't harden him? And after that event you have to confirm what you told him at camp. You can't just accidentally harden him if you know what to look for.
---
#7Crystal_Dream(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2012 9:21:23 PM
Nasada19 posted...
You picked the option that didn't harden him? And after that event you have to confirm what you told him at camp. You can't just accidentally harden him if you know what to look for.

Yeah, I told him that he had others who cared about him (after visiting Goldanna) and, when he told me I was a good friend, I said it back.
But I heard from various forums that when he starts saying "Ask away," that's confirmation that he's hardened, despite others saying the contrary. I dunno who to believe.

Also, on a related note, how do you know what "affection" level is someone, like "warm?"
---
#8Nasada19Posted 4/17/2012 9:33:03 PM
He's definitely not hardened. When he's hardened he makes a speech akin to "You know you were right back there. I have to start looking out for myself more!" It's very obvious. He says "ask away' regardless once you bring his approval up high enough.

As for the the "warm" thing I have no idea. Maybe it's a computer mod or something. I just play on the console and just use numbers -100 to 100.
---
#9Crystal_Dream(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2012 9:37:30 PM
Nasada19 posted...
He's definitely not hardened. When he's hardened he makes a speech akin to "You know you were right back there. I have to start looking out for myself more!" It's very obvious. He says "ask away' regardless once you bring his approval up high enough.

As for the the "warm" thing I have no idea. Maybe it's a computer mod or something. I just play on the console and just use numbers -100 to 100.

Really? Man, I redid the quest like 20 times trying to see if he's hardened.

And yeah, I'm on the consoles too; Never understood that either, but I'm trying to romance Morrigan (well, trying to keep it) and they say that after a certain point, her affection, even at 100, can go from "love" or something to... Well, not "love."
---
#10BlochWaverPosted 4/22/2012 4:42:56 PM
All the characters acknowledge you differently as their approval changes

For example, a non-romanced Morrigan at high approval says "What comes, my friend?" which is kinda neat
---
Back again