This or The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past?

#1MetaXGrossPosted 3/29/2012 3:13:15 PM
I've never played this and only beat The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 1 time, for the GBA.
---
Not changing until the Lions win the Superbowl. 7-17-07
#2Golden_TorizoPosted 3/29/2012 8:18:15 PM
I personally like TMC better than LOZALTTP. It has fewer dungeons but MC is packed with things to do and secrets to unlock.
---
Zelda Game Boys Hangman 13 - http://bit.ly/n4bzUn - This game is for fun, not thinking. See you there!
#3AzulRatibida7Posted 4/2/2012 5:40:07 PM
It's easier, if that is what you are looking for.
#4ChronoCactaurPosted 4/3/2012 3:00:34 PM
Honestly? Minish Cap.

Both are great though. LTTP is old school goodness without the old school complication, and Minish Cap is new school goodness with new school mechanics.
#5P4wn4g3Posted 4/6/2012 5:45:51 PM
Well... you should probably get some opinions on other Zelda boards, because I've never heard of LTTP getting voted down, except maybe by OoT or TP... on average, LTTP is recognized as the best 2D Zelda game, and very close to the best in the series.

But yeah like the other dude said, it depends what you are looking for. I personally don't like this game, but I can see the appeal. Even if it were a Zelda game that I really liked though, you are still comparing it to LTTP, so I can't imagine I'd change my mind unless I was in the mood for another game.
---
~(Certified Topic Killer)~
~Rank: Platinum (100% topic killing efficiency)
#6P4wn4g3Posted 4/6/2012 5:50:05 PM
Also... I'm not trying to offend fans of this game. But really, on average it isn't considered one of the greats. Anyway it just comes down to personal taste, so try both, get the one you prefer.
---
~(Certified Topic Killer)~
~Rank: Platinum (100% topic killing efficiency)
#7MilsoPosted 4/17/2012 4:40:37 AM
LttP is easily better, but there's a lot to love about Minish Cap too. They're both definitely worth playing.
---
rawr
#8g8r_Posted 4/23/2012 10:57:30 PM
They are very different but both are good in their own way.

ALttP is longer, (10 dungeons before final dungeon) but has relatively few sidequests for a Zelda game, which can make it feel like a dungeon rush / marathon at times. The fighting mechanics are more difficult. Until you get the first sword upgrade, the sword hitbox is so tiny it's almost useless without really accurate positioning, and there is also the problem of multiple enemies running into you, causing you to suffer massive bump damage in a short time.

Minish Cap, being a newer game, has much nicer looking sprites and more detailed artwork due to its larger tile size. It is shorter (4 or 5 dungeons before the final dungeon) but has more sidequests and NPC's. Hyrule Town in MC has much more personality than Kakariko Village in ALttP, but the 2 sidequests that span the entire game (kinstones and figurines) can be tedious for 100%-ers. . The fighting mechanics are much easier, mostly due to the addition of recoil upon taking damage, which mostly solves the problem of death by having an enemy occupy the same space as you.