Super Mario 64 DS not working on 3DS

#1rikukey99Posted 8/18/2013 6:45:04 PM
Hello everyone I bought Super Mario 64 DS earlier this year and it worked fine, my friend and my teacher own the game as well and all 3 of them worked fine.
it seems like after the most recent update for the 3ds it all of a sudden isn't working for 3ds anymore. not just my copy but all 3 of ours stopped working, we tried them on eachothers 3ds' as well.
just wondering if someone else has had this problem.
oh by the way, the 3ds regognises it's mario 64 ds on the menu but once you boot the game up it shows a black screen with white text saying
"An error has occured.
Press and hold the POWER Button
to turn the system off.
Please refer to the Operatioins
Manual for details."

thanks for reading
---
Playstation Network user ID: cloudkey9
Gay and Proud =) "Serpent's Benediction..."
#2SirBlueberryPosted 8/19/2013 3:02:15 PM
Hmm. I really have no clue why it could be happening, but the game still works on my 3DS and my brother's one. So even if that bit of info isn't all that useful to you, it seems there may be some way for you to get it working at least. Hope you can figure something out or maybe someone will show up who knows how to fix it.
---
PSN: SirBlueberry96
My mostly empty youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SirBlueberry96
#3ibrokethedamPosted 8/22/2013 7:06:20 AM
I bought this game a couple weeks ago, and actually just tried it last night in my 3DS and it worked. My 3DS has the most recent update. Odd that all three carts stopped working in three different systems. Hope you're able to figure it out.
#4Nin3DSFanPosted 9/3/2013 6:10:55 PM
It'd be unfortunate that a strange combination of coincidences happened, and it just happened to be that all three copies of Super Mario 64 DS got corrupted at the same time.
---
Gentlemen, we tnodah now!
#5rikukey99(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 6:33:24 PM
I know, it's weird.
I remember all 3 of us playing it just the week previously as well but it's just completely not working now. so this hasn't happend to anyone else?
I have no idea what could've happend then
thanks for responding so far everyone. i'd still like to hear from anyone if they have any information that may help.
---
Playstation Network user ID: cloudkey9
"Serpent's Benediction..."
#6Super SlashPosted 9/16/2013 8:52:01 PM
I'd post this at the 3DS board. You might get more responses there.
#7kyledude92107Posted 9/19/2013 1:35:02 PM
Yeah, as TUK and Slash said, it sounds like it may be related to the 3DS. try there.
#8levyjl1988Posted 9/23/2013 6:30:51 PM
I have the latest 3DS update, went back to play this game out of nostalgia and it works fine. No problems. Isolate the problem looks to be the 3DS itself, have you cleaned the connectors where you plug the cart in?
---
I hate games with bad game design
#9benoit489Posted 10/4/2013 9:09:20 PM
Something is definitely afoot
---
Spaceman Spiff