This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you collect golden bugs?

#1kuiper_pkmnPosted 4/2/2009 9:27:23 PM
I have collected zero golden bugs, and I found near the south part of Lake Hylia what I think is a golden bug. I find it at night, it's like a hovering lanturn that charges me, but it seems impervious to all my attacks. Is this a golden bug, and if so, how do I collect it?

Like, are golden bugs like gold skultulas in Ocarina of Time? As in, do you kill them first and then collect something? Or do you use a bottle? I'd really like a clear, explicit explanation of what golden bugs are and how to catch them. The FAQs don't really help, they just say "go here and collect this golden bug with your boomerang." Doesn't tell me what I need to know.
#2SamanthaPosted 4/2/2009 9:33:40 PM
Go near a golden bug and pick it up. It's very simple.
---
Now Playing: Chrono Trigger DS and Zelda: Twilight Princess
Now Waiting: Banjo-Tooie
#3CryBaby51Posted 4/2/2009 10:08:01 PM
You'll know it's a golden bug by its golden glow, of course, but also you will hear a small chime-like noise when one is nearby. You can't attack or kill them - what you need to collect is the bug itself.

Sometimes the bug will be high up on a ledge or rock and that's why you'll have to use the boomerang or the clawshot to bring it closer. When it's in range, there will be a message at the bottom of the screen prompting you to grab it.

---
Regards, Lisa Murphy
Feed your head.
#4tea__Posted 4/3/2009 4:40:47 AM
you get the golden net by catching all the bugs, but careful cause if you don't have a gameboy advance connection, this can take a whole year =O
---
toasters.
#5Jenna TontaPosted 4/4/2009 2:51:45 PM
That thing that looks like a hovering lantern is not a golden bug. It's a Poe. You can only beat it as a wolf.
When you're close enough to a Golden Bug, you'll get an A button prompt that reads, "Pick Up". It's pretty simple.

---
"This game will blow your mind...out of your nose." - ad for Psychonauts
#6kingnahum17Posted 4/11/2009 11:37:33 AM
sounds like you think that a poe is a golden bug.

For a poe, you need to be in wolf form and use your senses. Then pounce once or twice on the Thing (poe) that appears. Once it is on the ground press A to gather the soul.
---
http://www.youtube.com/kingnahum17