Oops...Smart Game Mechanics, dumb move.

#1LiamlandPosted 2/6/2012 2:04:16 PM

So I'm used to old school zelda where you can do things like cut the strings of a bridge, leave the room, come back and the bridge will be back to normal.  This is the first Zelda game I've played where the dungeon actually remembers what you do.

So I'm chasing monkeys around in the first dungeon, and I get to a bridge over water.  Across the way is a large gate and some fans--I later find to be activated by the gale boomerang.  Testing out my swordplay I cut the strings of the bridge and fall into the water.  I save before I realize that I now can't get across.

I looked up what's in the chest on the other side, and it would appear to be a boss key.  I won't get the clawshot until a later dungeon, and Midna probably won't let me get to the next dungeon until I pass this one.  The monkeys will also not help.

Am I out of luck?  Or is there another way to cross the bridgeless gap, this early in the game?

#2phantombaileyPosted 2/6/2012 6:39:47 PM
There are vines on the wall that you can use to get over there, if I recall correctly. They should be directly to your right as you come out of that small tunnel when you enter the room.
---
When you talk to god, it's called prayer. When god talks back, it's called schizophrenia.
You get $1,ooo,ooo if you don't finish reading this sentence.
#3Liamland(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2012 7:45:02 AM

Yeah, thanks.  I noticed the vines leading to the platforms last night, an alternative route.  I probably wouldn't have seen it if it wasn't for the Skulltula on the wall.

Thanks for the heads up, though.

#4Skyrim_Freek227Posted 2/11/2012 12:55:13 PM
I remember this being my first post on this board.
---
If you havin' Skyrim problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 arrows and my knee took 1.