RE: List of Cars

#1MuddyMaestroPosted 4/30/2010 4:46:52 PM
This is the full origin list of cars, American and Japanese...

American
*Chevrolet Corvette Z06
*1969 Dodge Charger
Dodge Neon
Ford Focus ZX3
1967 Ford Mustang
Ford SVT Mustang Cobra R
Pontiac GTO
**Volkswagen Golf GTI 2.0L

Japanese
Mazda Miata MX-5
Mazda RX-7
Maxda RX-8
Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
Mitsubishi Lancer
Nissan 240SX
Nissan 350Z
Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
*Nissan Skyline R34 GTR
*Subaru WRX STi
Toyota Celica GT-S
Toyota Supra

*Bonus "Boss Cars" based on these cars are in the same origin as that which you buy from the game.
**The Volkswagen Golf is actually neither American or Japanese in real life, but is German. I tested this car a few times just to make sure, and the results consistently showed it being American, that being why it was place there.

I initially figured the origins should remain consistent to what they are in real life, but because of all of the unanswered threads asking the same question, I tested each car just to make sure. For those who don't know understand the significance of the origin, it determines which boss you will race in a Boss Race in Circuit Race mode so when you win Gold you unlock that Boss Car as a Bonus Car (though I cannot answer the question of if you can unlock them after already winning Gold). If you must know, tested them all on the Master Series Circuit Race "Boss Race: Over the Limit" (Gold already unlocked, but that should not make a difference), and based on which boss racer was summoned (DJ Wess if you're driving a Japanese car, and GT King if you're driving an American car). As I predicted, it was consistent. Whew, now I can finally put this game away for good, for the last time.
---
In 2012, the new Mudkip Invasion will begin...
This user is a proud Canadian.