This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rain!

#1FljotsdalePosted 9/13/2009 5:48:52 AM

Usually, when it rains and flowers still turn brown, I assume it didn't rain enough and I should have watered as well. Yesterday, it was tipping down with rain all DAY, and yet when I went out this morning, more flowers than ever had turned brown! :cry: I thought from what I read in here that if it rained you needn't water?! Well, I don't believe it any more. I'm gonna water whatever the darn weather does! I am NOT a happy teddy... :(

Hey! The spellchecker doesn't recognise 'gonna' as a misspelling! :shock:

#2pirate_staticPosted 9/13/2009 5:52:11 AM
Read the FAQs correctly

When it rains, you do not have to water the brown flowers in your town. Everyday a number of flowers in your town will begin to wilt, if you dont water them, the next day they will be dead. If it rains the day you play, you dont have to water the wilting, brown, flowers, but the next day new flowers will be wilted, so unless it is raining again that day, those new wilted flowers will need to be watered.

Do you need me to ms paint you up a picture?
---
TeRRoR All Consuming
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/
#3Darth MomPosted 9/13/2009 5:52:40 AM
Watering prevents flowers that are already brown from disappearing. It doesn't prevent flowers from turning brown. Each day at 6 am, the game is going to make some flowers in your town turn brown whether you watered yesterday or not. Bottom line is, rain does act like watering with your can, it's just that you apparently misunderstood what watering does.

There IS, however, the watering glitch. Sometimes, the game forgets that you watered, so flowers disappear; usually it happens when you water, save and quit, then later on that same day you play again.
---
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, "What the hell happened?"
#4pirate_staticPosted 9/13/2009 5:57:01 AM
Beat by 29 seconds
---
TeRRoR All Consuming
#5DLM_The_FourthPosted 9/13/2009 6:49:28 AM

I'm so tempted to say yes ^.^
---
Mirage it seems that every time you post I end up in fit of laughter.-ForteZero
When political correctness replaces common sense, we are in deep trouble.-He Man
#6AsbeauPosted 9/13/2009 7:05:29 AM

DO WANT
---
1 adult out of every 78 in the UK is having their communications monitored by the authorities.
#7Darth MomPosted 9/13/2009 7:06:30 AM
You guys are right. It would be really interesting to see what Pirate comes up with.
---
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, "What the hell happened?"
#8Fljotsdale(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2009 11:30:22 AM

pirate_static posted...
Read the FAQs correctly

When it rains, you do not have to water the brown flowers in your town. Everyday a number of flowers in your town will begin to wilt, if you dont water them, the next day they will be dead. If it rains the day you play, you dont have to water the wilting, brown, flowers, but the next day new flowers will be wilted, so unless it is raining again that day, those new wilted flowers will need to be watered.

---
TeRRoR All Consuming

I knew all that perfectly well, thank you. I was moaning about the QUANTITY of browned flowers after rain all day. I normally have very few, because I water every evening, except when it rains, and I'm VERY careful with watering, because it's quite fiddly to sure you water properly.

And don't be rude. There is nothing wrong with either my intellect or my reading ability, thank you.

#9Fljotsdale(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2009 11:35:16 AM

Darth Mom posted...
Watering prevents flowers that are already brown from disappearing. It doesn't prevent flowers from turning brown. Each day at 6 am, the game is going to make some flowers in your town turn brown whether you watered yesterday or not. Bottom line is, rain does act like watering with your can, it's just that you apparently misunderstood what watering does.

There IS, however, the watering glitch. Sometimes, the game forgets that you watered, so flowers disappear; usually it happens when you water, save and quit, then later on that same day you play again.
---

Yeah, I know. :) And bottom line for my moan was that it WAS a moan, not a misunderstanding! There were just too darn many brown flowers to water, and it seemed so unfair after all that darn rain!

#10DLM_The_FourthPosted 9/14/2009 12:38:59 AM
And don't be rude.

:( He isn't rude. He's a pirate! He doesn't use a fork, he tears the meat appart with his hands and spears hot potatoes on his sabre!
Really, he's very nice and very cuddly. Give it a try :D
---
Mirage it seems that every time you post I end up in fit of laughter.-ForteZero
When political correctness replaces common sense, we are in deep trouble.-He Man