Cannot get the Canceler / Elemental Master skill. Is this a glitch?

#1vincentdeboulePosted 6/11/2012 8:53:09 PM
First of all, I have met Max's wife in all the locations in which she appears except Jini, and Max has all of his skills except Elemental Master, the last one being the one he picked up at Luishka.

I have the Aibird, I left Max back at Tinnsia, and Max's wife absolutely will not appear anywhere in Jini. I've even tried to see if entering from the world map when it's dark as opposed to staying at the inn would work, and it doesn't.

The guide mentions doing this on the same visit as that scene in the inn with the Dark Wings, but I had that trigger quite some time ago (before I did Regulus Hill, I think) at a time when Max was in my party. I have no idea if those two events are related, or if there's some other hidden factor I'm not aware of. Anybody have any idea what's going on here?
---
* Vincent de Boule *
#2XtraTPosted 6/11/2012 9:47:20 PM
Did you check Jini during the day?
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#3VeghEstherPosted 6/14/2012 9:29:07 AM
that's weird every time its nightime at Jini I had his wife always give out elemental master since she appears on the screen as the dance hall/auction house (east of the inn.)
#4vincentdeboule(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2012 12:24:54 PM
I figured it out. I've seen this same question asked quite a few times various places online, and I wonder if everyone else was making the same mistake.

The Miacis that teaches you Rage Laser shows up at Cape Fortress even if you have not encountered Lesitia there—I assumed since I had Rage Laser that I must have already seen her there, but it eventually dawned on me that I hadn't.
---
* Vincent de Boule *
#5vincentdeboule(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2012 12:30:08 PM
Also this was my first Tales game and I want more. How does Tales of Destiny compare to this? I know I should probably move on to Symphonia or Graces F, but I really like the sidescrolling battles.
---
* Vincent de Boule *
#6XtraTPosted 6/14/2012 3:06:01 PM
Ah yes you have to encounter his wife at every spot :)

And Destiny is good character and story wise but the battle system is slow and outdated, especially compared to Eternia. Symphonia is good even if the story is almost a copy paste of Eternia., and if you decide to emulate it you can pick up the undub version with english text which greatly improve the experience.
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#7TNist1048Posted 6/14/2012 8:56:17 PM
Destiny is pretty good. If you want something on the PSP and don't mind a little Japanese or are trying to learn the language Tales of Rebirth and Tales of Phantasia: Narakiri Dungeon X are both options. Since there's no region locking on the PSP you can play them without having to deal with any wonky mods.
#8VeghEstherPosted 6/15/2012 9:23:21 AM
However destiny 1 PS1 is a little way too easy and I prefer the game to be translated which the game really isn't when it comes to fighting.

IE ie stays missle sword on Stahn's Artes menu but he shouts out the Japanese name of the move ALL healing/Attack magic is the same in which the PC's shout out the Japanese names of their spells.

So for me that's the only main reason I didn't love playing it.