Small errors in the Skills list

#1kiahPosted 12/7/2012 3:46:07 PM
While playing this game through again, I decided to carefully pay attention to some discrepancies I thought I found last playthrough many years ago.

I have confirmed the following:

Reid's Neo Tempest Swarm is unlocked at 14 Slash, and 19 Thrust
NOT 19 Slash and 14 Thrust

Farah's Chi requires Super Sonic Fist 100x and Twin Palm Strike 160x
NOT Super Sonic Fist 100x and Twin Palm Strike 100x

This isn't a big deal I realize, but it's puzzling that so many of the guides have it wrong.

It may just be nostalgia, but I've been playing through my entire PSX RPG collection again and I haven't had this much fun gaming in a long time.
---
Q: What do you get when you cross an insomniac, an agnostic, and a dyslexic?
A: Someone who stays up all night wondering if there is a Dog. G. Marx
#2XtraTPosted 12/7/2012 7:13:44 PM
The FAQs and guides for this game are terrible. They're mostly a copy/paste from the official strategy guide, who's obviously wrong.
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#3VeghEstherPosted 12/10/2012 8:00:29 PM
That's weird for Chi I still learned it via the 2 moves ONLY at +100 uses.

BUT at the same time by the time I gained enough punch and kick levels for Chi I had Super Sonic First way over 200 uses and only had Twin Palm Strike ONLY at 100 uses.
#4kiah(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 4:20:43 PM
Vegh, do you play on PS1 or PSP? I suspect there may possibly be a difference. I was playing PS1, but posted here because the PS1 board is dead.

Is is possible that it's a random number based on how you get to that point in the game? That seems really unlikely.

I just checked the Tales of Eternia wiki, and they got the same numbers I found, so it's seeming more likely it may be different in the PSP port.
---
Q: What do you get when you cross an insomniac, an agnostic, and a dyslexic?
A: Someone who stays up all night wondering if there is a Dog. G. Marx
#5VeghEstherPosted 12/15/2012 7:07:23 AM
I played both versions and the PSP one is a 100% port of the PS1 game with mostly no new changes at all (though Shadow) does use a new spell on the PSP version that is never used on the PS1 game.