Does Accuracy and Evade affect staggering ?

#1SalocoolPosted 1/8/2013 4:29:04 AM(edited)
I've been to the Tales of Graces answers section and it is believed that, in this game at the least, Accuracy increase the staggering effect of your attacks, and Evade reduces the staggering from the enemies' attacks.

Do you think it does the same in Tales of Eternia ?
#2XtraTPosted 1/8/2013 8:44:49 AM(edited)
Yes, but in Eternia there's not a lot of ways to increase/decrease your accuracy, the main difference is daggers have higher than normal accuracy and big sized weapons have less (although it's not a HUGE difference).

Accuracy buffs/debuffs do make a noticable difference, however one thing I noticed (but didn't really test) is enemies cannot evade while staggered, so once you start a combo and chain a bunch of spells with other characters, accuracy becomes more or less useful.

But for particular 1v1 fights, accuracy is REALLY important.
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#3Salocool(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 10:29:36 AM
Thanks XtraT.

But what do you mean exactly by enemies being unable to evade an attack ? As long as my spells or skills hit the sprite of an enemy, it always seems [to me] that it deals damages.
#4XtraTPosted 1/8/2013 11:04:33 AM
Well by evade I mean block.

In ToE the Evade stat is the chance you won't stagger when you get hit (like how you don't stagger when you hit square and block an attack). Accuracy is the counterpart of that.
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#5Salocool(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 11:22:17 AM
10-4 buddy !

I thank you again for sharing your knowledge on the matter.