The Skill FAQ is unreliable (but still helpful)

#1SalocoolPosted 1/8/2013 3:36:46 PM
I just confirmed, by accident, than the requirement for the Sacred Skill <Demon Lightning Hammer> is absolutely off the chart.

<From the FAQ >

Skill Name - Demon Lightning Hammer
TP Used - 10
Slash/Thrust Level Required - 7/5
Other Requirements - Demon Hammer x 50; Lightning Blade x 50

The Slash and Thrust levels seems right, but as for the other requirements, I didn't met a single one before acquiring the Sacred Skill.
* Demon Hammer is at 14 uses
* Lightning Blade is a 44 uses

All thing considered, this game is FAR more lenient than Phantasia on combination skills (but way more cryptic) !
#2XtraTPosted 1/8/2013 5:30:13 PM
Yeah I suggest using the Aselia wiki

http://aselia.wikia.com/wiki/ToE_-_Reid_Hershel:_Artes

but it seems like they can also be wrong, seeing they list Demon Lightning Hammer at 16 uses of the 2 skills needed. However it more accurate than the FAQs here (they copied from the official strategy guide, who's pretty bad by itself)
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#3Salocool(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 5:37:38 PM
I don't get it : how come the writers of the Official Strategy Guide don't get the right informations from the developers ?
#4XtraTPosted 1/8/2013 5:56:16 PM
Blame the devs, strategy guides usually aren't made by the game company and like you said they don't share that information.

Usually it's a guy(or multiple) who plays the game 1-2 weeks before release and write the guide from that. So yeah in big games like Tales guide are lackluster and wrong.

The only way we have to really know everything about a game is hack the discs and read the data there, it's been done for really popular games (like some FF games).
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#5VeghEstherPosted 1/21/2013 11:48:42 AM(edited)
Well that's weird I always used Demon Hammer/Lightning Blade x50 times as soon as Rid Learns both and still learned the combo move at 7 slash + 5 thrust.

But if you don't have the correct total uses it would be 11 slash and 9 thrust to learn it

For Sonic Chaos I had to use both Sonic Blade and Twin Sonic Blade at +70 each to have it appear in blue text.

In fact both Reid and Farah can learn most of their moves +4 slash/thrust or punch/kick levels higher if you don't have the correct total uses.

Hence Rising Phoenix for Rid could be learned without the 2 skills at 200 and 150 uses used at all.

The only exception is Fatal Fury for Farah all of Farah's other moves could have zero total uses and the upgraded moves would still be usable by punch/kick level 30.