hints about chaining skills,destiny, max extensions,etc

#1Anema1986Posted 7/15/2013 4:37:37 PM
does the game give you hints about chaining skills like burning phoenix, how to activate maxwell extension, or how to get chat/max skills, im playing through this game for first time, but i dont want to use a guide to get everything
---
The only time where a bible is useful is in a castlevania game
#2VeghEstherPosted 7/24/2013 9:01:32 AM
No it doesn't while on a 2nd playthrough 1 NPC at Regulas dojo the 2nd town of the game does mention that Burning Phoenix Quasi Seal and Dragon Demon Chaos do exist for Reid to use,the NPC doesn't tell you how to actually use them.
#3Anema1986(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 10:30:50 PM
oh i see, max skills are also quite obscure to get, specially the canceler and elemental master

and the druaga equipment is probably the most obscure secret in the game, you need to be a BIG fan of old namco games to even get a slightest clue of how to activate that effect

anyway my question was because some things imho seems to complicate to discover by accident
---
#4VeghEstherPosted 7/29/2013 11:35:41 AM
As for the druaga equips:

Excalibur automatically gained just beat Volt first
Blue Line Shield solo Reid VS Valkyrie battle at Glimmer Spire
Golden armor same (its in a 2nd chest) behind her.
Hyper Gauntlet 6th floor bonus dungeon boss and to even access the dungeon you need to beat the entire game first.

However I prefer the Eternal Sword as Reids best weapon and destiny itself is gotten the same way beat Valkyrie then go back to hideout # 2 in celestia to make it usable every 30 minutes 200 TP but Meredy's AI will never auto cast it.

The only hint in game of the Maxwell extensions is when you fight him directly and at low HP (on hard/mania mode) he will use all but Blue earth against you
#5Anema1986(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 8:12:19 PM
thanks, although the blue line shield is gotten in the nereid labyrinth, not in glimmer spire

i suppose the button combination from maxwell and the equipment bonus was given to players via official guides, because, i dont see how any could find them out by chance
---
#6VeghEstherPosted 8/1/2013 8:23:28 AM
Yes back when the PS1 version was released Prima games made a guide book and yes the book contains the exact button combos to trigger Blue Earth.

As well as mentioning the gilgamesh setup for Reid though I prefer the Eternal Sword over the Excalibur as his best weapon.
#7Anema1986(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 12:53:10 PM
yeah, i didnt see any improvement in strenght when using the ishtar effect, having 4 accessories effects dont make it up for such weak power, plus no fairie ring or derris emblem for 100% hit rate is a big no in my book
---
#8VeghEstherPosted 8/2/2013 8:44:58 AM
All the effect does is regen HP and TP every few seconds and that's it.
#9Anema1986(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 8:33:20 PM
VeghEsther posted...
All the effect does is regen HP and TP every few seconds and that's it.

also give you the step ring effect and inmunity to stats effects like krona symbol, but yeah, is not that worth, specially with better accesories for reid instead of the jet boots and gauntlet and specially the sword.
---