comparing various SMGs and Auto Rifles

#1IdekPosted 12/2/2007 10:22:30 PM
Has anyone ever put together a semi-official comparison of the guns on this game, particularly the automatic weapons? I'm thinking like comparing accuracy, level of magnification, power, and rate of fire. Sometimes I'm playing and I have a chance to switch weapons, and I just don't really know if I should trade one gun for a different one.

I'd like to see something like that if someone's done it. If not, maybe I'll try to.
---
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
#2Idek(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2007 11:26:10 PM
I tried testing some of the guns out. I'm not done yet, but one thing I noticed--and maybe everyone already knew this--is that guns are less powerful when you have the suppressor on. In general, it takes close to 50% more hits to kill a guy with a suppressed gun vs. the very same gun w/o a suppressor.
---
#3sfcalimariPosted 12/6/2007 12:18:06 PM
That's how it is in real life, it's just that most games don't take off damage on silenced weapons.

I think during a loading screen Black tells you that suppressors do less dmg.

---
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
--Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
#4Idek(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2007 8:33:46 PM
Ah, I don't think I've seen that screen before.

As you said, most games aren't like that (even though it is true of real life suppressors), so it surprised me a bit when I noticed it on this game.
---
#5Burnout_AvengedPosted 12/20/2007 12:58:57 PM
Guns in real life are less powerful with a supressor. It's well known.
#6Chainsaw_GanadoPosted 1/6/2008 1:38:08 AM
That's because it lowers the speed therefore causing less impact.
---
"It is the only place I know. Where truth is turned to lie and death is most alive."
#7demon_lord89Posted 1/10/2008 6:23:00 AM
but it gives u a little bit of higher accuracy (if im not wrong)
---
This is kellar n i am da killer....so watch out!!! (FROM D BEST GAME EVER - BLACK)
#8demon_lord89Posted 1/10/2008 6:26:45 AM
by higher accuracy in 'ere means that....usually when u shoot automatic weapons w/o supressor continuously....the dot point (hit point) will go upper n upper..but wid d help of suprresor...it prevents that from occuring (if im not wrong (again))
---
This is kellar n i am da killer....so watch out!!! (FROM D BEST GAME EVER - BLACK)
#9Mod_DiabloPosted 2/5/2008 10:40:29 PM

AUTO RIFLES: G36C>>>M4A1-203(GL)>>>AK 47>>>BFG(teh sux)

SMGS: MP5>>>Mac10>>>Uzi 9mm

PISTOLS: DC3 Elite>>>Glock 22>>>Magnum

SHOTTIES: Remington 780(game remake of 870)>>>SPAS-12

MISC WEAPONS: W2000 Scope>>>RPGL Eastern model>>>M203 Launcher

This is a semi-official listing, it'd be a lot longer if I was actually hired (no payment needed) to do something like this. I do it all the time..... ^^;

#10Nii_sanPosted 2/6/2008 11:23:48 PM
i guess it really depends upon your playing style..

as for what weapons i'd choose..

well i like to play all sneaky.. so i tend to sniper or sneak up and club..

for that i'll take pistols and rifles in single shot mode or burst fire..

i dont use SMG's that much.. unless i'm being swarmed by enemies..

shotguns.. well i've never really noticed anything different between remington and the SPAS 12

every time i've used it to clear buildings, tunnels, houses etc.. it's been the same in terms or killing guys..

even shotgun men die the same with both guns.. mind you i shoot em in the legs first and then run up an club em when they're down..

as for rockets or the grenade launcher... i'd pick RPG..it's eaiser to use..just point an shoot..

grenade luancher is good when bombarding enemies from a distance.. lack of rebound effect is the only down point for the grenade luancher.. bee way cooler if you could lob around corners etc..