hel on the last room on the last mssion on hard!!

#1arceus_mewtwoPosted 6/19/2010 11:10:22 PM
my real problem are the ambushing shield and shotgun boys and the rpg
any tips??
---
~> GUESS this videogame character:
known as the son of odin and god of thunder
#2willie579Posted 6/21/2010 2:44:14 PM
Grenades, grenades and grenades. Just finished the game. There is a staircase on the left or right corner as soon as you enter the room. The upper level is a good spot to keep you safe and pick off enemies. Go up the staircase and toss your grenades as the enemies try to go up the staircase. Grenades were key for me finishing the last room. I rarely used grenades through out the game been in the end I used every grenade I had.
#3willie579Posted 6/21/2010 2:45:26 PM

Thor.

Too easy answer if you played Marvel Alliance 1 and 2.
#4pyber80Posted 6/23/2010 2:16:15 AM
my real problem are the ambushing shield and shotgun boys and the rpg
any tips??

While willie's suggestion should work, I figured I'd present my alternative again, even if only for posterity. It doesn't go perfectly every time, but its worked for me at least 80-90% of the time on all difficulties.

First part of this is to not use rockets at all until you reach that last room if at all possible. With a little careful play and some decent sniping you can make it to the bottom without using any of the rockets you pick up. Typically I have 6-8 rockets by the time I'm there. Saving as many grenades as possible doesn't hurt either. I also always do this room with the M249 as my primary weapon. With that said...

...When you get to the end of the tunnel leading into the last room, don't leave the tunnel (the door will close behind you as soon as you enter the room proper), and instead snipe what you can from the doorway. Try and save the various exploding barrels and the stack of exploding boxes to the rear left of the room for later to deal with the rocketeer, shotgunners and various soldiers as needed. Once the magnum wielding shield bearers start coming out, retreat back up the tunnel out of sight and sit for a few moments. Then creep back down until you can make them out and start sniping their feet or heads. Eventually they'll go down. If they start shooting at you again, simply retreat back up the tunnel again for a moment until they calm back down. (If you're very lucky, they won't even shoot back when you start sniping them).

Once you've cleared out the first waves of shield bearers you can choose to enter the room and go up one of the sets of stairs and finish the room from up on the second level, or stay in the tunnel. Either way, most of the shield bearers will be gone, leaving you with shotgunners and the rocket launcher. If you choose to go up to the second level, be aware that each room has 1-2 shotgunners that you will need to deal with. They can usually be taken care of by lobbing a grenade or two into each room prior to going up.

If you choose to stay in the tunnel keep a close eye on the second level at the far end for the rocketeer and several regular soldiers. You can use one or two of those rockets you've saved to take out the rocketeer (probably the best way), or you can try for some lucky sniping. One lucky headshot and he's toast. Other than him, deal with any soldiers and shotgunners as they appear. A couple of good headshots with the M249 and shotgunners go down faster than a twenty dollar hooker.

Lastly, the pillboxes. This is what you've saved all those rockets for. Target and take out one pillbox with those rockets and of course the whole room will go up in smoke. Then regardless of any remaining enemies you can make a mad dash across the room to the finish.

Note that this way requires a little sniping skill and a lot of patience, not to mention some restraint with explosives. That patience will pay off though in the form of unlocking Black Ops for you to go trigger happy with the M16A2 and its underslung M102, heh.

---
"Have you seen the posts around this board. You HAVE to act like a child to get attention around here." - AlabamaMan79
#5arceus_mewtwo(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2010 10:09:12 PM
is magnum a great killer for aproching shield and shotgun boys??
---
#6pyber80Posted 6/25/2010 10:39:19 PM
The Magnum is great versus most anything. In the case of the shotgunners, just hit them anywhere (although head is always best) a couple of times and they stay down. For the shield bearers on the other hand, you will still have to aim for an exposed part of their body for the best effect, otherwise you're forced to use most/all of the 6 rounds the Magnum holds just getting most of their shield out of the way. But, if you leg them for instance, they should go down and you pop them once or twice more while they get up since you won't have to go through the shield at that point. The same isn't always true of an arm or head shot, but results will vary depending on positioning.

Really, aside from its small clip size, the Magnum is arguably the most effective weapon in the game. It can take care of any soldier type fairly quickly, can be used to snipe and will kill with a minimum of ammo used. Just be cautious about "firing for effect", because its small clip and long reload time can sometimes be the difference in you winning or losing a firefight.

---
"Have you seen the posts around this board. You HAVE to act like a child to get attention around here." - AlabamaMan79