Recon Blueprints?

#1KurtKokaine4Posted 5/13/2013 6:26:16 PM
So exactly how are these helping me in the next missions? I can find no info on this in the FAQ. The game specifically says that finding these helps you out in the following mission, but nothing explains what is affected. Any info on this? It's be really ridiculous if the Recon objective is just another silly fetchquest item just for completionist sake.
---
"I like graves. When I die, I want to be buried near one" _Angela "Silent Hill/Noisy Hill".
#2JoveHackPosted 5/14/2013 5:00:53 PM(edited)
KurtKokaine4 posted...
So exactly how are these helping me in the next missions? I can find no info on this in the FAQ. The game specifically says that finding these helps you out in the following mission, but nothing explains what is affected. Any info on this? It's be really ridiculous if the Recon objective is just another silly fetchquest item just for completionist sake.

The Recon objective is just another silly fetchquest item just for completionist sake. Seriously.

What do you think of the game?

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#3KurtKokaine4(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 1:18:53 PM
Lol, well I played the game for the first time last year, so this is like my 3rd playthrough of the game. In other words, yeah I like the game a lot.

It's pretty epic once you get to the last 4 stages, cuz that's about the time the devil lets loose his agents of hell on yo' ass! Although I actually noticed that I effin' rock at those lame ass RPG spammers all of a sudden. I used to fear them like the Reaper, but now they fear me, and I don't blame 'em.

After reading through the multitude of locked topics on this board, some people seem to be real confused with the story of this game. Yeah, it's a jumbled mess your first time though, but after that, there's really nothing confusing about it. What's not to get. The only real confusing aspect is after the game, how did Lennox supposedly survive whatever the hell it was Keller did to him. I wouldn't think after going through all that, Keller would have left that evil bastard still breathing. Criterion obviously was leaving the story open for a sequel, but alas that will never come.

And yeah, there's a lot of complaints about the game being short, and it is, but the individual levels are actually pretty damn long, especially that damn 2nd level. I didn't think that sucker was ever going to end.

Oh and I do have a complaint about the stealth aspects of this game. Sure, it's not a stealth game, but when you get a silencer, you expect to have at least the option of stealth. But you really only have that option if there's no more than one person in any given area (lol, like that ever happens). But that's a minor complaint. This game rocks, and I can't believe it wasn't a success. I really would've like to see where Criterion was gonna take this story.

(Oh, and one last thing. Respawning enemies is a NO, YOU DUMB GAME DEVELOPERS!! This isn't the 90's anymore!!)
---
"I like graves. When I die, I want to be buried near one" _Angela "Silent Hill/Noisy Hill".
#4JoveHackPosted 5/18/2013 9:43:27 AM
KurtKokaine4 posted...
After reading through the multitude of locked topics on this board, some people seem to be real confused with the story of this game. Yeah, it's a jumbled mess your first time though, but after that, there's really nothing confusing about it. What's not to get. The only real confusing aspect is after the game, how did Lennox supposedly survive whatever the hell it was Keller did to him. I wouldn't think after going through all that, Keller would have left that evil bastard still breathing. Criterion obviously was leaving the story open for a sequel, but alas that will never come.

the story is confused because Keller's confused, and he's telling it.

(Oh, and one last thing. Respawning enemies is a NO, YOU DUMB GAME DEVELOPERS!! This isn't the 90's anymore!!)

Respawning enemies suck
---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#5KurtKokaine4(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 2:50:58 PM
The story is confusing at first because of how it's presented, but not because Keller is confused. He's telling his version of the story the way he experienced it. The only other aspect of the story is what's being kept secret by The Division, being represented by the man interviewing Keller. Well there's also McCarver and why she's been under investigation from the Division, but that's not very relevant to the main story.

You just gotta play through it a few times to really understand what Criterion tried to put together. They implemented it badly, but it's intriguing once you finally understand why Keller is in trouble with the Division and facing a life sentence. He's just a hothead soldier who doesn't follow orders very well, and is willing to murder or torture anyone who gets in his way.
---