ocean fix mod -

#1lindallisonPosted 11/7/2009 1:33:28 PM

a bit curious if the mod shown here

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=574640

would work with community patch 1.73...if anyone knows - the ocean still has this hideous line across it about 50 meters from shore where the rendered water stops and turns into a blurry blue block.

I downloaded the ocean fix and got 3 .fx files in a -Data/Materials/ShaderMaterials/Effects - folder.

I don't have those directories in my gothic3 program folder so I assume they're compiled in the game's data somewhere. So i'm unsure what to do with these .fx files.

I poked around the net a bit and will do so some more, but thought maybe someone here could drop a clue or two.

#2vick1000Posted 11/7/2009 7:57:49 PM
I would guess you have to unpack the file that has those shaders in it, and replace the existing files, then repack them.
---
Bob Page: "I will burn like the brightest star..."
J.C. Denton: "You're gonna burn alright."
#3brendahPosted 11/10/2009 10:04:15 AM
I download it and had no prolems instaling. depending on what operating system open

program files or program files (x86)->gothic 3

you will see a data folder, you can just copy the files directory to gothic 3 or copy the files to

program files->gothic 3->data->materials->shadermaterial->effects
#4lindallison(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2009 1:55:13 PM

yeah the 'materials' entry in my Gothic 3 data folder is all bound up in a .pak file, but I did download an unpacking utility - just haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

How's the fix look btw?

#5brendahPosted 11/11/2009 2:00:33 PM
the water looks more like real water than it did, but I also was finally able to community patch 3 downloaded and installed