ocean fix mod -

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gothic 3
  3. ocean fix mod -

User Info: lindallison

lindallison
7 years ago#1

a bit curious if the mod shown here

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=574640

would work with community patch 1.73...if anyone knows - the ocean still has this hideous line across it about 50 meters from shore where the rendered water stops and turns into a blurry blue block.

I downloaded the ocean fix and got 3 .fx files in a -Data/Materials/ShaderMaterials/Effects - folder.

I don't have those directories in my gothic3 program folder so I assume they're compiled in the game's data somewhere. So i'm unsure what to do with these .fx files.

I poked around the net a bit and will do so some more, but thought maybe someone here could drop a clue or two.

User Info: vick1000

vick1000
7 years ago#2
I would guess you have to unpack the file that has those shaders in it, and replace the existing files, then repack them.
Bob Page: "I will burn like the brightest star..."
J.C. Denton: "You're gonna burn alright."

User Info: brendah

brendah
7 years ago#3
I download it and had no prolems instaling. depending on what operating system open

program files or program files (x86)->gothic 3

you will see a data folder, you can just copy the files directory to gothic 3 or copy the files to

program files->gothic 3->data->materials->shadermaterial->effects

User Info: lindallison

lindallison
7 years ago#4

yeah the 'materials' entry in my Gothic 3 data folder is all bound up in a .pak file, but I did download an unpacking utility - just haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

How's the fix look btw?

User Info: brendah

brendah
7 years ago#5
the water looks more like real water than it did, but I also was finally able to community patch 3 downloaded and installed
  1. Boards
  2. Gothic 3
  3. ocean fix mod -

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived