Before I buy this game...

#1aamfirdausPosted 8/13/2010 11:19:20 PM
I played Disciples II, and I was kinda disappointed by having to lose a hero after every chapter.

In Disciples III, is it still the same? What is the difference with the previous sequel? From battling wise, how is it better than Heroes of Might and Magic (at least the latest, V)?

Thanks in advance.
#2Fallen_LordPosted 8/14/2010 11:44:33 PM
I have only beat the first map but I believe you can rehire heroes when you start a new map. The gameplay is alot more like homm now. There are no more weak staff laying units, now you take over control points by defeating the guardian which thens gives your side control over a certain radius around the point.
I like the batlle system much better and it plays very much like homm5. You move units around a small map with some natural barricades creating choke points but there are also certain squares on the map that provide attack bonuses either for melee, ranged, or magical attacks.
Disciples 3 is a beautiful game, it keeps the same art style as the previous games. There is a demo that you can try and decide for yourself.
---
http://bf2s.com/player/44664753/
#3zz1000zzPosted 8/16/2010 4:04:07 PM
.I played Disciples II, and I was kinda disappointed by having to lose a hero after every chapter.

In Disciples 2, you could carry a single hero from map to map, so I'm not sure what you mean. In any event, in Disciples 3 you can re-hire a hero from the previous level by clicking on the Veteran tab when hiring a hero.
#4aamfirdaus(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2010 11:55:24 PM
Oh, I thought I lost my hero on Disciple 2.
Thanks guy.

Oh, is magic overpowered? I mean, in Disciples 2 I used wizard hero since he could blast multiple enemy. Is it the same in D 3?
#5clowningPosted 8/17/2010 6:56:37 AM
It's the same in D3. But...in the campaign your default hero's class is not an option. Also, in D3 you can hire all your heroes back in the campaign using the Veterans tab (as was mentioned). And spoilers alert:

Your campaign hero is always the warrior in the campaign.
---
The unexamined life is not worth living. --Socrates (attributed)
#6aamfirdaus(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2010 8:50:25 AM
Yeah, thanks everyone.

I do say that I prefer Desciples 3 to HOMM V.
I really gave up playing HOMM or King's bounty for the stackable units. I really don't like the unit stacking
system. It makes me overpowering, if not, that makes me too depending on hiring more and more units.
#7clowningPosted 8/17/2010 11:35:59 AM
That is one of the reasons I dislike those games: stacking units.
---
The unexamined life is not worth living. --Socrates (attributed)
#8ValacanPosted 8/17/2010 1:48:35 PM
I agree. I didn't think it bothered anyone else but me. Stacking just seems weird when you only see one unit at a time. Plus there are limited units around so you can't just buy as many as you need and not worry about deaths if you have resources. this game is much better in that regard.
---
PSN ID: KnightlyKnave
#9SpacemanSpiff01Posted 8/18/2010 9:04:50 AM
Yeah, stacking is very unrealistic (if you can say so when talking about a fantasy game).
Fighting with 1000 peasants taking up 1 hex vs 1 dragon taking up 1 hex? No way.
I also prefer clearly the disciples style or some system like it was used in the ancient classics like panzer general and now in fantasy wars/elven legacy
#10zz1000zzPosted 8/19/2010 2:12:11 PM
By the way, what clowning said isn't really true. While your hero in the campaign is a warrior type, it is not the same as the warrior hero available for hire. An example of this is the hero in the Empire campaign (Lambert) gets access to Revive, something the Empire warrior hero does not get.

The skill map on a campaign hero is far better than the normal heroes.