This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Devil Axe

#1barreldragon88Posted 7/15/2010 11:14:38 PM
I thought it was possible to circumvent hurting oneself with his weapon by having a high Luck stat, but my Berserker Ross with 20 Luck still hurt himself while using this weapon. Is it at all possible to avoid the side effect? If not, I'll just sell this stupid thing.
----
Long live Saint Seiya!!
#2Distant_RainbowPosted 7/15/2010 11:52:59 PM
1) IIRC, the backfire rate is (31-Lck)% of all actual hits made by the weapon. So if Ross had 20 Lck, 11% of all hits made by the Devil Axe will be backfires.

Since no class has a Lck cap of 31 or above, the Devil Axe backfire is never completely avoidable. Of course, the chance can be reduced to single digits, which would then be negligible.

2) Sell it? Nah, I'd advise against it.

Devil Axes give a crazy amount of Weapon EXP, so using them makes the character equipping it grow in Axe levels very quickly.

Since Berserker Ross will likely have B or A Axes at least at this moment, not to mention that he's locked to Axes, leaving it on Ross would seem like a bit of a waste IMO. Give it to someone with a low Axe level. Promoted Gilliam, Hero Gerik, non-Paladin Amelia and your Cavaliers-turned-Great Knights would like the Devil Axe.

However, I agree that using that axe in serious combat isn't good. So I say, make your characters use the thing up ASAP and break it.
---
Prozium - As long as one may choose to take it by one's own volition, it would be a miracle drug for mankind.
Proud Winner of CyberSD's Fire Emblem Trivia.
#3fetchystickPosted 7/16/2010 4:57:48 AM
plus, in selling it, you dont get that much money anyway ( 375 for full uses IIRC, which is little more than buying an iron one). So if you sell the devil axe, you are now able to buy an Iron lance or Axe!
---
The funniest thing about this sig is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.
#4barreldragon88(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2010 10:39:13 AM
Ah, I see. Ross already has S level in Devil Axe since he didn't start using it right after I got it. I think I'll probably give it to Amelia since she has 22 Luck and therefore has even less of a chance of the weapon backfiring on her, but I don't think she can use it right now since she still has E in Axes.
----
Long live Saint Seiya!!
#5Distant_RainbowPosted 7/16/2010 10:46:57 AM
^
Not to worry! Devil Axe is an E rank axe as well.

Makes it seem that the devs added that high weapon EXP quality on purpose... but then, they probably did.
---
Prozium - As long as one may choose to take it by one's own volition, it would be a miracle drug for mankind.
Proud Winner of CyberSD's Fire Emblem Trivia.
#6barreldragon88(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2010 10:53:35 AM
What about the Battle Axe? Does it grant a high weapon growth in Axes, as well?
----
Long live Saint Seiya!!
#7Albin0Posted 7/16/2010 10:58:38 AM
Nope. Mostly every weapon beyond staves gives 1 or 2 WEXP, Battle Axe included. On the other hand, the devil axe gives wtf 8 WEXP.
---
Albino
The White Marshall of the Slash Mercenaries
#8barreldragon88(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2010 11:00:04 AM
Alright, I'll keep the Battle Axe on Ross then.
----
Long live Saint Seiya!!
#9Msg_Accent_BABYPosted 7/16/2010 3:56:55 PM
Keep it, use it only for training or life/death situation, and be ready to restart in event of back fire.
---
The EPICNESS of this moment cannot be comprehended, it can only be observed. Nov. 10, 2008
Long Live Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan!!! Remember Our Hero Kamina!!!